Montanaborn

idnative1948

Back in the day we were lucky to ever have a camera with us. To dad, it was bringing in the meat.Notice no fancy camo back then? Grabbed from his FB page. Love you bro.

"Yours truly with my first muley at age 12, 51 yrs ago. I still hunt with that old .300 Savage. This was taken in Sawmill Canyon near the head of the Little Lost River valley above Howe, Idaho."

I wish I was of age to have an old vintage hunting picture like this, too cool. Our 15 megapixel pictures these days just won't have that old time feel in 30 years.

I love the lost river ranges, shot a bull a couple years ago just a few miles from your description.

Last edited:
Larry, your excitement in that photo is infectious.:) You're right about the cameras thing. The only camera we had at home was an old Brownie box camera. Took great pictures when conditions were right, but not very easily carted around the woods. Any hero shots had to wait until you got home or made it to the skinning shed.

You need to get a copy of this photo to Ryan Hatfield. This is exactly the type of vintage hunting photo that he would be interested in including in his book "Idaho's Greatest Mule Deer" in future editions.

Yes, we (Montanaborn is my bro) do. Sorry we didn't get a photo this last October of with the same rifle, but he took another one with it at any rate. We have never been big on the hero shots, but his old .300 got it done again with one shot.

Sweat do you still hunt there?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back