Sitka Pre Season Savings

montana west yellowstone hunt. 362

bignocks

Ill be hunting west yellowstone area in unit 362 by hebgen lake. I hunted it last year for the first time and didnt get on any elk. This year Im hoping to have a little better plan now that Ive checked it out. Ive been looking for some back up spots within a few hour drive also. This is an OTC archery elk hunt in mid sept. I guess im looking for any input as to this unit or other nearby units that I could put in my back pocket for a backup unit or maybe an area to focus on. Just hoping for a chance to chase down some animals. Anybody ever hunt this unit. Thanks. Feel free to pm me if you dont want to post on here. Thanks a ton. Justin

362 is a good unit that holds plenty of elk. If you're not having any luck finding elk, you can always try the Gravelly mountains, units 323,324 and 330. The Gravellys hold alot of elk but there's a lot more roads with easier terrain so it has more hunters as well.

There are grizzlies in all of those units and it seems like every year or two a hunter, typically an archery hunter, gets mauled. So be careful, have fun and good luck.

362 is a good unit that holds plenty of elk. If you're not having any luck finding elk, you can always try the Gravelly mountains, units 323,324 and 330. The Gravellys hold alot of elk but there's a lot more roads with easier terrain so it has more hunters as well.

There are grizzlies in all of those units and it seems like every year or two a hunter, typically an archery hunter, gets mauled. So be careful, have fun and good luck.

Thanks for the reply. Lots of people are tight lipped about hunting spots. Im mainly looking for a back up area so I really appreciate the heads up.

Back