Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Montana Sheep Success Story

I liked the write up. You might be able to fill it out just a touch and then submit it to Montana Outdoors. I think that'd be a cool story.

Montana Outdoors and John? Two peas in a pod. :)

Last edited:
Looks like a great ram to me! Congratulations. I may be too old to hit it like that now, but if I get the chance I'll give 'er hell!

Congrats! That's awesome. How long is that left horn? Unreal.

Congrats. My Dad drew that tag last year, after 42 year of applying, max points. We had a blast. Floated from the Ferry to the bridge our first trip, camping along the way. Then hit the river with the jet boat. November is awesome if you can hold out, on the river, the rut is something to see.. Saw John a couple times on the river, never talked to him, but talked to his other spotters on the river, I believe a guy from Glendive, North Dakota and some other Guy that was pretty quite. Nice couple guys to talk too.. Hopefully someone in the Family can draw again...Can't wait to do it again.

I liked the write up. You might be able to fill it out just a touch and then submit it to Montana Outdoors. I think that'd be a cool story.

I've been thinking about that, maybe ill doctor it up a bit and send it in.

That's a dandy ram and a unique looking sheep rifle. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you! The rifle is a Remington 700 magnum action that I had Ashbury Precision Ordnance true/blueprint and mate up to a rock creek barrel chambered in 300 Win Mag, and then drop into one of their chassis. It shoots .35 inch groups with my hand loads. The elite iron suppressor made here in Montana is the cherry on top.

Last edited:
Great ram! Awesome that John jumped in and helped. I've known him for many moons and I've always said that he'd be one of my first calls should I ever draw that tag. Congrats to you and your crew on the lifetime of memories.

Wow, that's a big set of horns there....Congrats !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back