Montana results

7 for 7...now if I can just find the time to hunt there.

May have to send this one back.

SCORE!! 2 years in a row now. Looks like my Thanksgiving may be busy, we shall see.

third year in a row I didn't draw---each time in a party---will have 3 pts next yr as will 2 others and one other guy will have 2 pts and one other guy 1pt----maybe next yr---oh well Idaho looms large on the front----chris

I bought all my licenses a few weeks ago.. elk, deer, bear, birds (anything with wings including 2 turkeys), fish, etc. Then I applied for my antelope, goat, sheep, special deer and elk, and a deer B... I spent a whopping $326. I expect to get a little over $150 back because it's unlikely I'll draw sheep or goat.. but the rest are as good as in my pocket for about $170. How else can you have that much fun for $170?

$170 will buy 2 tanks of fuel......Congrats all you successful MT hunters.

I just applied for the top-secret sheep unit of 680 with 1 preference point. Slam dunk!

Greenhorn,

I did the same thing other then the goat tag but I did put in for a sheep tag with the expectation of getting my cash back. Talked to your dad this morning, actually saved him a couple of dimes this year.

$170 bucks for all that fun, hell it would be fun even at twice that price.

Nemont

"I spent a whopping $326"

That is a bargain. Co resident is over $900 now for just all the big game. Most of the cost is sheep, goat and moose.

WTF?

I have a group of friends who applied on a landowner sponsored deer tag. They did not draw. That is the first time I have ever had a situation where folks missed on the landowner sponsored draw. Wow! :(

That means that all 2,000 landowner tags were spoken for. That would be a first time ever.

Congrats to those who drew. I hope you shoot some biggun's. :D:D

WTF?

I have a group of friends who applied on a landowner sponsored deer tag. They did not draw. That is the first time I have ever had a situation where folks missed on the landowner sponsored draw. Wow! :(

I guess I have not heard of that happening either. I just assumed that there were still lots of the landowner sponsored tags available.

Nemont

Nemont.. good luck in the draws! Thanks for helping my Dad too. He's a heck of a good guy even though I'm related to him.

Hey Good luck to the winners!
Question: My buddies and I all put in as a group. Only one of us ever showed up on the Montana site (we all have ALS #'s), and he was drawn. None of the other 3 ever showed up in 'pending' or unsuccessful. Do you think we all fall under his name or what?

Buzz, 7 for 7 ? Man you gots the Montana voodoo !

Schmalts, will you have room in your freezer after that Utah cow hunt ?

I applied separately from some friends who had more bonus points; I didn’t want to drag down their odds. Of course, I drew the combo tag and they didn’t.
Now I’m looking at some solo hunt options or possibly joining another group.
Waiting on New Mexico before I start serious planning.

Back