Montana Resident MSG Free Lottery

Speak for yourself, if I were in the picture there would be 2 "bighorns."
Pretty sure it said residents only they should probably draw the tag for a wilderness area then……ow wait wrong state

I'm going to the legislature. I was born in Montana, I should be entitled to not only a half price OTC combo license, but also a chance at these tags.

This is crap!
As a guy that may or may not have 13 points in your state and a very good friend there any chance that wilderness law goes across the entire state lol. Your guys state is very dangerous

There was another thread about all this, but it was Speaker of the House Matt Regier’s bill. It’s history and voting record is here.

Not sure the other thread ever figured out why the Speaker thought this was an important issue to devote legislative time, but here’s the link.

Thanks @Beignet! I had vague memories about it. I had to go through some lobbyist notes to see what was done (the legislative session is something I try to erase from my memory when it ends).

Do-nothing legislation that, surprisingly, does nothing.

Now I’m riled up! I can’t purchase my OTC cow elk tag until August 15 so this limits my opportunity in the MSG complimentary drawing!

The email makes it sound like just one chance but the bill clearly states one chance per *general* license 🤦🏼‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_1689.jpeg
    IMG_1689.jpeg
    347 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Now I’m riled up! I can’t purchase my OTC cow elk tag until August 15 so this limits my opportunity in the MSG complimentary drawing!

The email makes it sound like just one chance but the bill clearly states one chance per license 🤦🏼‍♂️
So I have to buy doe tags to maximize my opportunity?

The email makes it sound like just one chance but the bill clearly states one chance per license 🤦🏼‍♂️
No worries,

next session there will be a bill that creates...

5th Generation Montana Heritage Sheep tags, one free chance every year just by being a 5th Generation Montanan

My kid hates it here tags, one free chance at a sheep tag for native Montana kids who left to live in other states

Forever better than you tags, one free chance at goat if you pissed in a tributary of the Missouri before the age of 5

FWIW, I just spent my lunch break listening to the Senate F&G hearing on this bill and it will create an additional lottery for residents and not dilute the existing super tag lottery.

What I haven't been able to find in any of these recordings is a justification as to why this is such a swell idea to implement.

No worries,

next session there will be a bill that creates...

5th Generation Montana Heritage Sheep tags, one free chance every year just by being a 5th Generation Montanan

My kid hates it here tags, one free chance at a sheep tag for native Montana kids who left to live in other states

Forever better than you tags, one free chance at goat if you pissed in a tributary of the Missouri before the age of 5
I'm going to propose that they give half priced OTC tags to any NR who has a receipt showing they've bought gas in the state of MT. They've been exposed to a tax on petrol and should be rewarded.

On a more serious note - my reading of this says you get one chance for a general deer & elk license. I don't think the OTC whitetail b tags or whatever get an additional entry.

Back