montana region 7

billy-bob8

well it seems the more I learn,the more I get confused. I have been told that region 7 is an area with ample public land, and over 60% draw odds with 0 bonus points. can anybody confirm this for me? Also I have heard that montana is having a difficult winter and along with it a pretty good winter kill for antelope. so much so that it would be usless to apply for a tag this fall. Can anybody confirm this or are they full of hooey.. Any help would be appreciated

Took me 2 points to draw a deer tag last year. I also heard about the tough winter, but no first hand knowledge of that.

Region 7 has plenty of public land.

Region 7 has had a couple tough winters, with this being really bad.

Region 7 is the easiest of all Regions to draw antelope, but not sure the percentage.

Region 7 antelope have also been hit hard by blue tongue.

Region 7, with all the struggles it has had for antelope, is still the best area in MT for a tag.

Region 7 winter is not even close to the winter they are having in Region 6. Still, it has been a rough one here in 7.

Region 7 winter is not even close to the winter they are having in Region 6. Still, it has been a rough one here in 7.

Do you know how it`s been around Miles City?

Miles City has had less snow. My friend is still trapping in M.C. while I didnt even set them out this year.

Billy Bob,

Best bet is propably to look into hunting in Wyoming this year and propably next year as well as the population in MT recovers. You can draw a decent tag with no preference points and even just buying leftover tags will propably be a better deal for you. If you want a better tag save up the $ and apply for the special draw in Wyoming and you can find yourself in some good areas. My 2 cents.

thanks for the info. I will be applying for a bonus point in wyo. and will try to draw unit 47 next year. Being from az. I hope to finally draw a rifle antelope tag. It is true what they say about the chances in az. I have 18 bonus points and last went antelope hunting in 1993. But on the other hand my 1 son drew with 10 points, and the other son drew with 6 points. the weirdest one of all is my friend drew on his first try, 1/10 of 1% odds, but it is possible. I probley will not draw again until I am really "long in the tooth" thats why I hope to draw wyo, or montana,every other year. Just love to be outside and enjoying the challange. hope to see you in the field. " Its only worth it if its done right"

Region 7 has plenty of public land.

Region 7 has had a couple tough winters, with this being really bad.

Region 7 is the easiest of all Regions to draw antelope, but not sure the percentage.

Region 7 antelope have also been hit hard by blue tongue.

Region 7, with all the struggles it has had for antelope, is still the best area in MT for a tag.

Pretty much says it all!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back