Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Montana Public Lands Rally

I'm calling it a hugely successful rally. Good to see the Gov as fired up as the rest of us.
Lots of HT hats too.

I happened to catch Bob (shoots straight) at the end of the rally. This is the third time in as many sessions we visited at one of these rallies (at the capitol) to give a wake up to the assholes who insist on messing with what sportsmen/women hold dear.
We both agreed the rally was great, but also on the stark reality that we are a miniscule voice in a small minority.
I told him to hunt, fish, etc as much and often as he can - given what we face.
He reminded me "hey, I have grandkids".
Yup.
A couple young girls were near my wife and I at the rally. Made me think of the 50 years I've been granted by my predecessors to enjoy my life as I had.
Good seein' ya' Bob. Some day it would be nice to all get together for a celebration of a victory. A dream of mine.
Seems like families come together most often for funerals.................

Just now watching it.
When I lived in MT ,election day was called Eff Republicans day. Some hard core blue collar Democrats ran the state who would not recognize who lives in Mizzlou now.& the day Nixon resigned Butte was a giant street party.Still have the cowboy hat I bought that day.

And ,yeah I am watching MSNBC after watching the Fox stuff.

What about it? I'll be your huckleberry before you say a word....

Last edited:
Just watched it as well, fantastic! Kudos to Rachel and MSNBC. I'm feeling more optimistic about turning back the PLT crowd and kicking the chit out of these political assholes who are behind it than I've ever been. Daines looks like he's about to cry with these protesters following him around and making his life miserable. The guy just can't find a place to hide and that pleases me to no end.

That video disappeared but MSNBC put an official video up. Here it is starting at the public land issue. I don't watch Maddow, but I hadn't seen the Bullock speech at the rally before... wow.

Love the guy in the chicken suit following Raines around! I Think the republicans are cutting there own throat in a lot of states by not talking to their constituents. Something has them running scared it seems but I think that's just what the officials want to portray. With the news coverage of all these events I think these officials feel they have to spin it that these people are just a paid protester or a minority and that these people are dangerous and not representative of their real constituents

Love the guy in the chicken suit following Raines around! I Think the republicans are cutting there own throat in a lot of states by not talking to their constituents. Something has them running scared it seems but I think that's just what the officials want to portray. With the news coverage of all these events I think these officials feel they have to spin it that these people are just a paid protester or a minority and that these people are dangerous and not representative of their real constituents

I think the chicken suit made the point quite well, while respectively letting the Senator conduct his business. I didn't like that he had to cancel speaking to the State House the day before in fear of being shouted down. Daines must be afraid of Trump now that he is in power. Previously, he planned to skip Trump's RN Convention because of a "scheduled fly fishing trip," although he chickened out there too and decided to show up.

Daines can run but can't seem to hide. The big bad bully in the yellow chicken suit just won't leave poor little Stevey alone.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back