Montana opener 5 days away

Taking my daughter and joining my in-laws for a bravehearted foray into the midst of grizzly country in one of the most heavily hunted regions. We'll spend most of the week.

Will be flying out to MT on the 10th of November to try and get my son his 1st buck. Hunting Central MT then I will bring him home and drive back over on the 16th to hunt for 6 days trying and find a buck in unit 652.

I will be skipping opening weekend on purpose and planning on getting there Monday afternoon sometime to hunt the rest of the week. Hopefully the elk that I found last year will be in the same general location!

Passed on more than 20 bulls during archery season, 14 days and over 80 miles hiked..took one shot at a pig and hit a antler somehow. First 6 point that steps in my path is getting the 165gr hot pill

Heading out to meet my folks on Friday. I rarely fly out, but this year was a last minute trip. Will be looking for elk, mule deer, or a wolf. No particular order. Good luck to everyone that braves opening day, or at least the first week onslaught.

Good luck as well to all of the youth season hunters. Keep the hunt alive through our kids.

Jeremy

I'm anxious to get into some badlands, so I'll be out there.
It will have to be a very large Muley buck to get me to pull the trigger opening week.
I just enjoy the hunt to much to end it so early.

I'm anxious to get into some badlands, so I'll be out there.
It will have to be a very large Muley buck to get me to pull the trigger opening week.
I just enjoy the hunt to much to end it so early.

this ......... still nice to get out . first chance I get out im hoping to fill my deer B tag. not planning on a muley buck until after nov 15

Somewhere on a beach sipping something strong.....Never been much on opening day guy so this week I am getting in some brownie points with the wife. Starting Monday I will be hunting for a bull elk and deer in SE MT. image.jpg

3:30 wake up call, 2 hour drive wading a rain-engulfed stream then hiking 3 miles into a wilderness area to wait at an overlook I'm hoping a big mountain whitetail will be feeding under.

Honestly, my chances are much higher at killing a wolf or a bear in this spot, but no worries about running into anyone else doing the same thing.

Friend of mine just called he setup camp yesterday - went scouting this morning had a 200 yd broadside shot at a 300" bull only problem is he can't shoot it until tomorrow . :( . He thinks it'll be easy to find I said yeah good luck buddy

3 more hours till work is done... go home, change throw the coolers in the pickup and hit the road, 118 miles to my camper..... this is the longest work day this week! haha

Seeing lots of 5th wheels ready to go.

I'm hunting by the house so resisting the urge to actually get dressed already. Making food instead.

state land in the AM and then checking out a small chunk of private in the afternoon with hopes of helping my pastor fill his first deer tag. taking it easy, might use the AM to fill that elusive pronghorn tag instead... guess it will depend on how i feel in the AM. Good luck all!!

3:30 wake up call, 2 hour drive wading a rain-engulfed stream then hiking 3 miles into a wilderness area to wait at an overlook I'm hoping a big mountain whitetail will be feeding under.

Honestly, my chances are much higher at killing a wolf or a bear in this spot, but no worries about running into anyone else doing the same thing.

Goofy kid hunting deer during elk season.

Back