PEAX Equipment

Montana Mule Deer Management Survey

Only thing of value in the mail yesterday was my absentee ballot. Filled it in already. Beaverhead county is reconsidering the sale of rec mary jane.

USPS alerts says I'm only getting junk mail today

Mtmiller’s must have got sent out a day before everyone else’s. I’m sure ours is still coming.

The last time they updated mule deer regs was when snail mail was the only kind there was. Music was on 8 track tape, or vinyl records. Tags were on waterproof tyvek type material. New trucks had carburetors. The average TV was about 19 inches and had boxing broadcast for free. No surprise here.

I received a very quick email response from Mike Lewis.

What he related regarding the survey:

• Digital or online survey methodologies (while often perceived as being more effective) are fraught with many problems. Online surveys commonly suffer from two serious methodological limitations: (a) the population to which they are distributed cannot be described, and (b) respondents with biases may select themselves into the sample. The current mule deer survey is a scientific survey in which randomly selected individuals from the pool of all Montana mule deer license holders are being surveyed. Research of this nature is of most value only when the findings from a sample can be generalized to a meaningful population (in this case, the population for our study is deer license holders in Montana).
  • We are currently surveying both resident and nonresident mule deer license holders. A randomly selected sample of N=5000 resident mule deer license holders was selected for the resident portion of the survey. And, a randomly selected sample of N=800 nonresident mule deer license holders was selected for the nonresident portion of the survey effort. These samples were randomly selected from the pool of all resident and nonresident deer license holders that we have within our automated license system for the 2022 hunting season.
  • As mentioned above, we are surveying both residents and nonresidents. The resident portion of the study is intended to provided regional level data across the state, hence the larger sample size. The nonresident portion of the study is intended to provide state level data, hence the smaller sample size.
  • No, unfortunately a person cannot request that they be added to the survey pool. Again, this is a scientific survey in which the survey participants have been randomly selected.
Again, I am very impressed with the timely response and wished him well with the survey.

Tough to address in a survey, but I was asked what Region I mostly hunt without requesting rational. Conversely, why I don't hunt other Regions.

"Geez Miller, you live in the middle of R7, why don't you hunt there?" I could have provided some feedback.:unsure:

I suspect the results of this survey to reinforce what they want to hear. The fwp echo chamber. Meanwhile mule deer go further down the toilet…oh but their data says otherwise right??😂😂😂

• Digital or online survey methodologies (while often perceived as being more effective) are fraught with many problems. Online surveys commonly suffer from two serious methodological limitations: (a) the population to which they are distributed cannot be described, and (b) respondents with biases may select themselves into the sample. The current mule deer survey is a scientific survey in which randomly selected individuals from the pool of all Montana mule deer license holders are being surveyed. Research of this nature is of most value only when the findings from a sample can be generalized to a meaningful population (in this case, the population for our study is deer license holders in Montana).

I don't see why the problems described couldn't be mitigated. You send out the link to the email addresses of a random sample of resident and non-resident deer license holders, with a unique access code that can only be used to complete the survey once.

I don't see why the problems described couldn't be mitigated. You send out the link to the email addresses of a random sample of resident and non-resident deer license holders, with a unique access code that can only be used to complete the survey once.
Cause you know they don't already send you emails when you give them your address when you apply in the draw...

Keep your Colorado common sense where it belongs. The fwp montards got this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohan7
Back