Montana Mountain Goat- at wits end

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be “that asshole.”

Marshian ain’t going goat hunting anymore. Was easy to decode after he claimed “peace”with pussing out, after slashing a thousand dollar tent, then having the hilarious excuse to having a ”family to provide for” instead of a “dead animal”.

He wants no mtn goat hunting - and that’s okay - just save the excuses as opposed to not giving a shit.

I’d love to be proved wrong, but would be happy to put some dollars down on this.

I’d have bought that tent for $500, which is probably about what he paid for his antelope excursion - a guaranteed and easy “dead animal” That would have bought a lot of groceries and diapers.
If I was the OP and read this, I would have packed up and left as soon as I was done reading. mtmuley

Marshian, good luck! We are all rooting for you. If you are successful, you really need to do a full body mount, with the goat peering down on the now infamous tent. It would be quite the conversation piece.
At the bare minimum include the flag you make from it.

I’ll be “that asshole.”

Marshian ain’t going goat hunting anymore. Was easy to decode after he claimed “peace”with pussing out, after slashing a thousand dollar tent, then having the hilarious excuse to having a ”family to provide for” instead of a “dead animal”.

He wants no mtn goat hunting - and that’s okay - just save the excuses as opposed to not giving a shit.

I’d love to be proved wrong, but would be happy to put some dollars down on this.

I’d have bought that tent for $500, which is probably about what he paid for his antelope excursion - a guaranteed and easy “dead animal” That would have bought a lot of groceries and diapers.
Please don't sugar coat it let us know how you really feel. It's almost as if yer holding back.

I think this thread will prove to be a good case study. "The Effect of HuntTalk Threads on Specific Unit Application"

Will this thread increase the amount of applicants in the unit based on some information shared? Will it decrease applicants based on the fact it mentally broke a guy?

I will have to check back in the spring.

I think this thread will prove to be a good case study. "The Effect of HuntTalk Threads on Specific Unit Application"

Will this thread increase the amount of applicants in the unit based on some information shared? Will it decrease applicants based on the fact it mentally broke a guy?

It will depend on if people believe that the Bridge will be fixed by next fall. My bet is that it won't.

If this thread significantly decreases the draw odds in a unit that anyone can see the simple draw odds by looking at the chart FWP posts I’m their regulations then I think a sub-title should be added to the thread.

“Know Before You Go.”

I chase odds hoping to get this opportunity some day. They actually change from year to year and I figure it’s people like me trying for the best odds from the season before

That bridge will never be fixed. They already said they’re never fixing the other bridge that went out with the previous flood. Either USFS or a private citizen will create a ford around the newly collapsed bridge. But who knows, they may never reopen the road at all.

To put your odds in perspective, the mt goat unit with the best draw odds in WA had, 0.001% change for first time hunters while the worse unit had 0.00006% odds.
That is why I have 26 points for WA goat, 62 years old, it may not happen for me. 28 for moose and 27 for sheep and the odds aren't any better, worse for sheep. You guys have it easy with 2.3% odds:)

i love this thread

Here’s my prediction: if Marshian is hunting now/over the weekend, he’ll kill a goat and return with a great story.
If he doesn’t get it done in the next few days, the unit is going to get Beartooth blasted with a winter storm and that’ll be that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back