Montana legislature...wake up.

Here is my senator's reply to my emails:

Brain - Thank you for your email and comments regarding SB 301. I do not agree with you that this legislation is an attack on public access. The problem with the State of Montana acquiring additional land is the lack of funds to take care of said acquisitions. There is not enough funds available to take care of the 'beetle killed forests' or the spread of noxious weeds.

Methinks this guy is clueless.. Sumbuddy tode me sumpin....so I buhleved em!

For whatevere reason, that email still didn't show up in my inbox. I do see me on the Copy list.

I sent a reply a few minutes ago. Wonder what I will hear back?

Fin, I see my name on the original, but did not get it either.???

That was a mean left hook you threw.

And bit the ear off also. Pure bad in a good way. Nice work!

Support of these bills will make good election reference material.

While Smith's HB 159 protects me from those who might tell me what gun can/can't use, it also allows the possibility that I could get shot by a 60 grain .22-250 ballistic tip while bird hunting. Read the last line of the bill. Inform me if I'm wrong. If Mr. Smith wants to protect hunters rights, he also might brush up on hunter safety 101. Or maybe even actually write his own bills??

Correct me if I'm wrong but you are already responsible for every round that leaves your gun. If you are stupid enough to crack a shot off with your 22-250 at a flying sharp tail grouse that can possibly hit someone then you have problems. Someone that shoots someone else goes to jail. As petty as Smith's bill is it is still prohunter. If I'm coyote hunting and I see a sharp tail on the ground, I know my backdrop I should be able to shoot the sucker with my 22-250. I think the real problem here is that you see an R by Smith's name and it has you scared. I get that. I'm tired of some governing body constantly telling us what we can and can't do like we are too stupid to make a good decision on our own. I say let people choose whatever the crap they want to use to hunt with. I don't care if someone wants to shoot a deer with an icicle.:D (some reason I can picture Greenhorn trying this one so as to not leave any evidence in the middle of the night on Turnners) :D

Correct me if I'm wrong but you are already responsible for every round that leaves your gun. If you are stupid enough to crack a shot off with your 22-250 at a flying sharp tail grouse that can possibly hit someone then you have problems. Someone that shoots someone else goes to jail. As petty as Smith's bill is it is still prohunter. If I'm coyote hunting and I see a sharp tail on the ground, I know my backdrop I should be able to shoot the sucker with my 22-250. I think the real problem here is that you see an R by Smith's name and it has you scared. I get that. I'm tired of some governing body constantly telling us what we can and can't do like we are too stupid to make a good decision on our own. I say let people choose whatever the crap they want to use to hunt with. I don't care if someone wants to shoot a deer with an icicle.:D (some reason I can picture Greenhorn trying this one so as to not leave any evidence in the middle of the night on Turnners) :D

sweet nectar, I won't bother you with a response.... Some folks don't see eye to eye, it's clear we're on different wavelengths. For what its worth, one of the best testimonies at the HB 309 hearing was from GOP Jim Shockley. It ain't about Dem vs Rep. It ain't about gun nuts vs tree huggers. Hopefully some day you'll get it. That's it from me to you.

You boys have things stirred up, the emails are flowing.

Yeah, for sure. A little revolution is never a bad thing. ;)

I am not able to respond to all of it. Almost losing track on who is "calling out" who.

If there are complaints about the heat we are bringing, let's see what happens if HB 309 passes. I bet HB 309 dies in committee. These guys want nothing to do with that, after yesterday. And, a lot of Reps who voted it in their chamber are now wondering what they were thinking. Answer - They weren't thinking.

Funny how the emails claimed I don't know what I am talking about, and the Senator cites a bill I supposedly am spreading misinformation of. That is a tax bill I have never mentioned in any email to any person. Who is misinformed? :confused:

The last time things got this fired up was 2003, but this has exceeded that by a fair margin.

I think we will save a thread of every terrible bill, who sponsored it, and who voted for it. Will be helpful in a couple years when the same people come to the voters claiming how they are such great friends of hunters and anglers.

I hope no other hunters/anglers have to deal with this level of attack on the hunting and fishing in their state.

Teach us to build something so cherished and valuable as the hunting and fishing in Montana. Now those who see its value want to usurp it as their own, and they have plenty of accomplices in Helena willing to help with the conveyance.

I think we will save a thread of every terrible bill, who sponsored it, and who voted for it. Will be helpful in a couple years when the same people come to the voters claiming how they are such great friends of hunters and anglers.

This is what I am going to want when this is all over, either way. I don't care anymore if these morons do vote these bad bills down now. Its crap that it has taken this kind of uproar from us. I want them gone. Let the next in line take it as a lesson.

This is what I am going to want when this is all over, either way. I don't care anymore if these morons do vote these bad bills down now. Its crap that it has taken this kind of uproar from us. I want them gone. Let the next in line take it as a lesson.

I actually hope a couple of particular bad bills do pass. Not the gravely injurious ones, just a couple of choice lunatic bills. Keeps peoples' memories a little sharper if the sting lingers .....

I have been keeping notes, detailed notes on bills and who voted how. 2 years is a long time for this dudes memory, but come next session there will be some pointed questions.

I believe there is a lot of second guessing in the House right now on 309, and I am sure there are some Reps that are praying to God that in dies in the Senate.

This session will wake up a sleeping giant, one the guys in Helena will want nothing to do with.

I have been keeping notes, detailed notes on bills and who voted how. 2 years is a long time for this dudes memory, but come next session there will be some pointed questions.

I believe there is a lot of second guessing in the House right now on 309, and I am sure there are some Reps that are praying to God that in dies in the Senate.

This session will wake up a sleeping giant, one the guys in Helena will want nothing to do with.

Why are they praying to God that it dies? So they don't have to vote? So they don't have to go against party lines, on a POS bill that they know in their blackened hearts is BS? Why not grow some balls and think for yourself for once!!!! That is what I am about ready to tell my rep Verdell Jackson.

Why are they praying to God that it dies? So they don't have to vote? .

HB309 all ready passed the House. My guess is after yesterday the Reps that voted FOR it are wishing they had not. They know there will we questions when they get home,and they know the questions will not be good.

Teach us to build something so cherished and valuable as the hunting and fishing in Montana. Now those who see its value want to usurp it as their own, and they have plenty of accomplices in Helena willing to help with the conveyance

That is the dang truth right there... thems good words Randy.....

Regardless of which side of the fence you were on regarding the guaranteed outfitter sponsored license ballot initiative, if you call or email the legislature about tomorrows hearing to legislatively overturn the initiative, you might comment on the interesting fact of sponsor Bill Harris' being an outfitter and the self serving aspect(s) of his legislation. Conflict of interest doesn't seem to be a big deal to the legislature.......

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back