Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Montana is up

Huh, I wasn't aware things could be listed in that column.

No go on the Elk permit for me. Still got hope for the Mulie permit.

We did our usual 0 for 3 on elk permits. I'm expecting the same results on deer next.

Why do we even bother spending the money to never draw a permit now in 19 years of trying?

Thanks, I honestly had just put in for points too, but whaddya know? Guess I'm gonna have to crank the morning run up from 3 miles to four, and start hiking the M with rocks in my CrewCab...

Once again, I will have to drive away from all the bulls that I watch all year to go to some far end of the state if I want an archery elk. For all of you who think 410 is a sure bet. I have drawn once out of four tries. Draw hunts suck. Maybe next year.

Thanks, I honestly had just put in for points too, but whaddya know? Guess I'm gonna have to crank the morning run up from 3 miles to four, and start hiking the M with rocks in my CrewCab...

No tags for me either. Heading to the M right now...

PJ, yes I had fantastic hunting that year. Passed on a couple of smallish bulls and saw large bulls several days. Had a monster at 45 yards but had about three cows between us until they picked me off.
Ended the season by making a stalk of two very nice six's and when I came over the ridge to hopfully cut them off they were standing 20-25 yards looking right at me. I should have just raised up and shot, but instead I vapor-locked, tried to duck back below site like an idiot. They taught me a bit about how fast a bull can get out of bow range once you show yourself.
It was better than just a good year, it was great!

Once again, I will have to drive away from all the bulls that I watch all year to go to some far end of the state if I want an archery elk. For all of you who think 410 is a sure bet. I have drawn once out of four tries. Draw hunts suck. Maybe next year.

Is that in the R or NR pool? That's some horrible luck if resident...

Ya I did not get my archery tag either. 3rd choice. I only wish I could trade my dad. He got the tag I wanted and my brother got the same tag I got but my dad is the only person who can take him. Go figure. :W::BLEEP::W:

When do leftovers become available? Any one know? Thanks.........BOB!

BOB! - I was watching "Wardens" a few nights ago and the MT G&F had a TV commercial during the episode about purchasing left over deer, elk and combination tags. I don't recall the exact day they go on sale, but May 5th is stuck in my head for some reason...

MDJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back