Montana ice fishing pics

mtmiller

Here are a few shots from the last couple of weeks. All of these pictures were shot at a lake where the limit is only three. I usually caught more, but these are the ones I kept. I have been eating a lot of fish lately.
biggrin.gif

Here is one of the few sunny days. With no snow, it was difficult to run the auger and not twirl in circles.
bear_paw_sunny_1.jpg

The weather was a little colder this day, but the fishing was good. The hillside over my left shoulder had half a dozen deer bedded. I was too lazy to get the binos out of the truck to get a better look.
bear_paw_muley_rack_1.sized.jpg

This was a cold, windy, snowy day. There were a couple of guys I invited to join me, but they pussed out when they saw the weather conditions. I am an idiot, so I went out anyway. It took me two hours to get my limit of good sized fishes, but there was no one out there and the scenery was amazing.
bear_paw_snowy_1.sized.jpg

If I could teach my dog to run the camera, he wouldn't be in so many pictures.
wink.gif

Nut- yeah, he is well desciplined. I know he thinks ah sh#t every time the camera comes out. He knows he has to sit and be still so I can center him in the frame and focus the camera before I join him. That is the reason he is in most of my pictures.
biggrin.gif

Cool Pics, looks like fun to me. I end up hunting/fishing alone alot when the weather is bad too, except my buddies usually puss because it is too hot, or monsoon storms...

Miller, I just remembered the time you, Brace and I went fishing at Lake Albert early one Spring in the silver wagon of the West. Didn't catch any fish but we had a hell of a good time. Besides Brace breaking my rod tip off in the car door. I miss college days...

MTmiller, the only bud you can trust to go with you is in every picture with you. Gotta love dogs. My dog loves to dive in and land the fish for me. I am amazed the nut never got a hook or bach spine in his face.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back