Yeti

Montana FWP Seeking Applicants For Elk Advisory Group

rogerthat

243 applicants for 12 spots. Thats much better odds than most of the tags I apply for across the west

Nameless Range

Well com'on you had about as much chance as a flying pig.
I'm holding out for @antlerradar (if he put in).

I'm old enough to remember a couple months ago when Hank said he would love to have Randy on the group he was creating.

Wonder who got the nod. I'm withholding judgement for now, but it may just highlight how beneficial it could be for us to lean into and promote the Montana Citizens Elk Management Coalition

Greenhorn

I'm excited to see the lineup. It will not include a member that doesn't have a direct/indirect financial interest in trophy bull elk hunting on private land. That's how this Greg/Hank team work. They will have big choice land, businesses that pocket cash from high dollar hunters, be a part of the "hunting industry", or be a part of, or associated with one way or another to one of the special interest groups like UPOM/MOGA/PERC that could give a rat's ass about public land elk, and public land hunting that has any shred of quality.

antlerradar

I'm excited to see the lineup. It will not include a member that doesn't have a direct/indirect financial interest in trophy bull elk hunting on private land. That's how this Greg/Hank team work. They will have big choice land, businesses that pocket cash from high dollar hunters, be a part of the "hunting industry", or be a part of, or associated with one way or another to one of the special interest groups like UPOM/MOGA/PERC that could give a rat's ass about public land elk, and public land hunting that has any shred of quality.
Sadly I have to agree with Greenhorn

antlerradar

Nameless Range

Nothing yet:

Theoretically their first meeting is in a week.

neffa3

It’ll be interesting to see the list. The advisory group is a great idea, but I’m afraid it will turn into a complete joke with those in charge of selecting the members.
That assumes they actually fill the group. I don't think that's a certainty, is it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Munchiezzz