Montana....Everything But Elk

Eprevost_tec

My buddy and I have been spending several days before the rifle elk season here in Montana.

During our scouting we located a trophy Bull Moose with a cow on very accessible public land in south central Montana.

We have found great mule deer, antelope and white tail, but have yet to find our target species. If anyone wants to share some info in exchange for ours, please send me a PM.

I am headed out in 2 weeks for my first Montana rifle hunt. Hope your luck turns around in 2 days and you get on some elk. How's the weather out there? We'll be more to the south west and aside from temps its hard to figure out what the conditions are really like.

Yeah... there’s a reason success rates on elk are typically a lot lower than those for deer, antelope and moose. Keep after it!

I am headed out in 2 weeks for my first Montana rifle hunt. Hope your luck turns around in 2 days and you get on some elk. How's the weather out there? We'll be more to the south west and aside from temps its hard to figure out what the conditions are really like.
The weather today is in the 60's, but that is going to change, tomorrow 37 and snow and cold the next few days, like 20's for day time temps and single digits overnight.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back