Montana Elk

csutton7

well I gave up my spot this year to hunt the elusive elk of Montana and have been going nuts--anyway the report I have is 7 bulls and 7 deer---3 of the bulls were 330-340 class, 2 wer 310-320 class and the last 2 were meat bulls(one was a last dayer and the other was my good buddy being a knucklehead, but that happens sometimes with him--he was chasing one and when he chases somehting it usually dies--he can't hold back--he'd passed on some 330 class bulls to shoot a meater--he even said he was stupid)--no monster deer--they said it was nipply all week---if I get pics I'll try and post or send them to Del to post---chris

well I let my buddy take his father-in-law(guy is cool)as he wanted to go just one time to get a chance at a decent bull, plus I went to Canada on a Caribou hunt in Sept.--but it's still eatin' my insides not to be hunting up in Montana--first time in 12 years I missed--still got a bear tag for here in CA and it's supposed to rain, finally(been 6 mos), so maybe in a week or two I'll go see if I can slam a bruin---chris

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back