• Thank you for creating an account on Hunt Talk! We require that all new users contribute at least 10 posts before gaining the ability to start new threads. Once you have made 10 posts, you will be able to start new threads in the forum.

Montana Elk

csutton7

well I gave up my spot this year to hunt the elusive elk of Montana and have been going nuts--anyway the report I have is 7 bulls and 7 deer---3 of the bulls were 330-340 class, 2 wer 310-320 class and the last 2 were meat bulls(one was a last dayer and the other was my good buddy being a knucklehead, but that happens sometimes with him--he was chasing one and when he chases somehting it usually dies--he can't hold back--he'd passed on some 330 class bulls to shoot a meater--he even said he was stupid)--no monster deer--they said it was nipply all week---if I get pics I'll try and post or send them to Del to post---chris

csutton7

well I let my buddy take his father-in-law(guy is cool)as he wanted to go just one time to get a chance at a decent bull, plus I went to Canada on a Caribou hunt in Sept.--but it's still eatin' my insides not to be hunting up in Montana--first time in 12 years I missed--still got a bear tag for here in CA and it's supposed to rain, finally(been 6 mos), so maybe in a week or two I'll go see if I can slam a bruin---chris

Leupold Banner

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyperWoof13