Montana drawing stats

I'm not positive but it would appear the odds for a elk super tag are better than a 380-20 tag in the draw:eek:

Which one of you buttheads crashed the site? I should have kept my mouth shut until I downloaded everything.

Not me. I looked at all of them this morning and kept my mouth shut.:D

I wanted to see the bonus points stats for the deer district I put in for, as well as how many 2nd choice apps there were for the sheep tag I drew.

I find it amazing that the majority of Bridgers goat tags went to people with 0 or 1 point! What's going on there?

I find it amazing that the majority of Bridgers goat tags went to people with 0 or 1 point! What's going on there?

That is pretty bizarre, but that's what I love about our drawing system, however in 20 more years if I haven't drawn that'll be what I hate. Goats in the Bridgers are for Sally's anyway...

Last edited:
Are they new ones coming up for anyone else? They won't for me.

It's interesting to see that the new squared points didn't change much on the drawing odds the way I see it unless I'm seeing things wrong. I really expected that folks with close to max points would really start pulling those tags more often but the 4 or 5 elk units I've looked through that don't seem to be the case at all one looked pretty good but it is a unit with what I would consider lots of tags for a special elk unit. Hummmm!

It's interesting to see that the new squared points didn't change much on the drawing odds the way I see it unless I'm seeing things wrong. Hummmm!

That's the way I interpreted them also.

That seems to hold true all the way across the different species, a few exceptions but overall they are so close that it doesn't have much effect - This year. Next year all max bonus could dominate, luck of the draw.

your odds of drawing oneof the special tags is going to be less if HB 418 goes thru it will increase the number of allocated tags to NR from 10% of the tags to 15% it takes away 5% of the tags from Residnets,

HB 418 which would give nonresidents 15% of the tags for big game species and make it unlimited if all residents are drawn. The sponsor is Bill Harris the outfitter,, http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/2013/billhtml/HB0418.htm

Back