Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Montana draw

I take that back they are they just aren’t entering me in it cuz I was smart enough to fill out the app correctly
I purposely didn’t put a second choice because I thought it would dq the app. This seems really unfair. Maybe I wanted to put a second choice now too
That was my exact thought, wtf? because I filled out my kids application right they don’t get entered in the redraw. Lol.
Serious question, and I have no skin in this game, but how did you all know they meant "first and only choice" when the regs clearly say "first choice only"?

This is on FWP and the commission

Not considering second or third choice applications for 799,if there are more permits available than applicants and not allocating those unclaimed permits is reasonable.

Invalidating an entire application because some applied 1st choice for a permit that can only be drawn as a first choice and then applied 2nd or 3rd choice for permits that are available to be awarded 2nd or 3rd choice is unreasonable.

When you think about it the whole “first and only choice” designation as a deterrent from keeping people from drawing 2nd and 3rd choice permits and not hunting them is actually a non issue. The only reason there are 2nd or 3rd choice permits available is because not enough people desired the permit to have the quota allocated in the first draw.
Who does it affect if someone draws a permit 2nd choice and doesn’t hunt it?
It doesn’t even affect NR numbers because the 90/10 split is in effect for 1st choice only applications.

When I applied for a 1st and only choice permit area. I only applied for one choice. WTF would I put a 2nd and 3rd choice down for? Maybe I'm weird that way.
Where does it say 1st and only choice? Show me…

I’m aware of what the commission said, but 99% of hunters don’t watch those and wouldn’t know what was said. The regs said 1st choice only. Not first and only choice. Those are two different things.

This is 100% on FWP for not having it printed in the regs correctly. Don’t blame the people that read the regs and put a “first choice only” option as their first choice and then chose a different unit to use as a second choice. That’s just reading the regs as they are written.

When you think about it the whole “first and only choice” designation as a deterrent from keeping people from drawing 2nd and 3rd choice permits and not hunting them is actually a non issue. The only reason there are 2nd or 3rd choice permits available is because not enough people desired the permit to have the quota allocated in the first draw.
Who does it affect if someone draws a permit 2nd choice and doesn’t hunt it?
It doesn’t even affect NR numbers because the 90/10 split is in effect for 1st choice only applications.
The reason that these went to first choice only was because they raised the quotas so much that people would be able to put in for a different unit and easily draw these as 2nd choice tags.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back