Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Montana draw

I’m getting my pitchfork and trying to gather a mob. This is truly criminal to the wildlife and Montana’s resource.

Unfortunately you're probably right. There will be rioting in the streets if they try to take permits away from people and do the draw over.
Yep. Incompetence. It’s how you get what you want in Montana

Honest question here as I'm not sure how this works.

How can a draw be screwed up so badly? You have had the applications for 2 weeks. You could run an infinite number of mock draws with your actual data set to make sure it all runs smooth.
Or why do they post right after the draw is complete? Couldn't they have ran the draw yesterday had the actual results than sat down and saw this issue before making results official?

Is it possible this is all planned as a revenue increase for the department? Residents basically hunt for free....a straight cost to the State. But if they handed out 5,000 more tags to Non-residents, that's $5M un-budgeted, incremental uplift. the Director would be a hero to the Administration. Essentially he's making bank on a resource they believe to be over populated....many of those "extra" tags will end up on cow elk anyway....my guess is the outfitter tags got doubled up with the non-outfitter 2ppt folks....

Holy sh@t that's unbelievable, I can't even imagine a redraw only to lose your coveted tag you've been waiting for, for 20 years

Holy sh@t that's unbelievable, I can't even imagine a redraw only to lose your coveted tag you've been waiting for, for 20 years
They aren’t going to do that. They are going to add tags and redraw the unsuccessful and anyone that glitched out.

Looks like its going to be unlimited archery after all! I will be more pissed if they give out more permits than what was proposed than I would be if they did a redraw.

Unlimted limited entry, bold strategy Hank! How pissed are you if you draw a tag you have waited years that should only have 25 tags and 200 end up with it... not to mention how it will effect future hunting and harvest. WOW

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back