Montana draw

You heard it straight from Hank...let the fun begin!

“You can now start the fun [hunt] planning process with your family and friends,” - Wildlife & Parks Director Hank Worsech.

well, some of you can! pretty soon some more of you can! ha ha

Fascinating. Drew an Archery breaks elk tag, was thinking we would draw, but would rather a re-draw then adding even more tags. First timer in MT, will make the most of it.

Redraw would be the right thing to do. Montana has set a precedent that they have no interest in doing the right thing.

Where are you seeing that this is what they will do??
That’s the rumor coming from fwp staff. Until we see the press release, it’s a rumor. I will be pretty surprised if this isn’t the “solution”. I actually have some snippets of an email. We will see

I can’t believe hunters\FWP would even consider the idea of a redraw. It’s too many tags as it is now, and adding additional tags because Little Jimmy didn’t get his way and get “his” permit, is complete bs. I didn’t like the results of the past presidential election, but I didn’t request a revote. I’ve only drew two limited permits in 13 years applying in Montana, but have always been happy for the guy/gal that got his chance at their desired permit. They are going to destroy a renewable resource in about two more seasons

I can’t believe hunters\FWP would even consider the idea of a redraw. It’s too many tags as it is now, and adding additional tags because Little Jimmy didn’t get his way and get “his” permit, is complete bs. I didn’t like the results of the past presidential election, but I didn’t request a revote. I’ve only drew two limited permits in 13 years applying in Montana, but have always been happy for the guy/gal that got his chance at their desired permit. They are going to destroy a renewable resource in about two more seasons
You better get ready to be a rat on a Cheeto. The quota was a solid increase and the redraw I suspect will be an additional solid increase. I know 10 people with the rifle tag you have. I usually only have known like 2 per year. 😂

I drew my permit and I hope they do a redraw. My concern goes to the wildlife and if I don’t get a tag I’m completely fine with that. We do not need to be adding any tags period. This needs to be fixed correctly.

I drew my permit and I hope they do a redraw. My concern goes to the wildlife and if I don’t get a tag I’m completely fine with that. We do not need to be adding any tags period. This needs to be fixed correctly.
Ain’t going to happen

You don't give them near enough credit, they've been trying to destroy wildlife wayyyy longer than 2 years.

This will be a step closer to their obvious reality of a wildlife free Montana.

If the draw was really fouled up, I don’t see how you could add more tags without the commission first approving it. Correct?
They might be able to give out more permits without commission approval as long as they are still within the quota range. It seems like at least in the units around me the quota is usually set somewhere in the middle of the range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back