MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Montana draw

I have no combo according to my items held. But points category says I retained a deer combo. My guess is they are dealing with some issues and this will be a moving target for a bit. Hence why no bonus point or permit results have been officially updated on our accounts

Looks like I picked a good year to sit out of Montana draw after just under a decade of applying. Hope it all gets straightened out for you and everyone else!

Looks like I picked a good year to sit out of Montana draw after just under a decade of applying. Hope it all gets straightened out for you and everyone else!
Looks like every year is a good year to sit out from here on out. This will be my 3rd straight year applying missing out on permit drawings

If you call them and ask as others have said they will tell you they are “working through some issues”. Name one other state that has to “work through issues” after they post draw results

I’d be curious how many applicants who only submitted a first choice app drew vs. those who submitted a second choice too.

There’s really no reason to submit a second choice in the new system but it still allowed you to.

Knowing this would validate or invalidate the rumor that the glitch was:

Those who applied with a second choice app in addition to the first were kicked out of the draw due to a system error. If this happened it would increase the odds for those who applied for first choice only. Cut out a significant portion of the apps and the tags suddenly become easier to draw.

Definitely some shenanigans going on. I had four bonus points and applied for an elk permit with less than 1% odds and didn’t draw a permit…

I’m calling my lawyer…
Not complaining about not drawing. Just tired of my permit applications getting thrown in the trash and donating hundreds of dollars for it. From here it looks like the only way a NR can dump their bonus points is to hire an outfitter or just leave them on the table

I’d be curious how many applicants who only submitted a first choice app drew vs. those who submitted a second choice too.

There’s really no reason to submit a second choice in the new system but it still allowed you to.

Knowing this would validate or invalidate the rumor that the glitch was:

Those who applied with a second choice app in addition to the first were kicked out of the draw due to a system error. If this happened it would increase the odds for those who applied for first choice only. Cut out a significant portion of the apps and the tags suddenly become easier to draw.
I drew a 2nd choice elk archery permit

I have to assume my elk app was thrown out. It shows I have no successful or unsuccessful permit. Nothing still in 'pending' either. I put down a first and second choice. But...big difference between '1st choice only' vs 'First and only choice', or even '1st and 2nd choice only', all of which are in the regs verbatim. We'll see where this one goes but what a disaster. Wouldn't this cause the entire draw to be entirely inaccurate?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NTSS
Back