Caribou Gear Tarp

montana deer counts, anyone seen them

300stw

with mule deer shedding horns, the after harvest survey flights must be complete

if so anyone seen the data, i use to get the data from a friend that had connections,,,

I saw some today not saying where I think it’s the last of them

Best to wait till after this week. 12” more snow 40mph winds and -20 degrees should help drop that number a little more.
doubtful the powers that be will factor this next storm in to overall numbers

doubtful the powers that be will factor this next storm in to overall numbers
I’m absolutely positive they will.

“So what are we gonna do for rifle deer season…”

“Yeah I was thinking five weeks of rifle”

“Okay. Tags good about anywhere?”

“Well duh…”

“Shoot ‘em through Turkey Day?”

“Double duh…”

I spent 2 days and nights a week ago coyote hunting near the Hyline. I'll bet I saw a total of 30 deer we covered a huge amounts of land. I'm not even joking it is spooky scary at how few deer are out there.
YouTube it!! Show the ones that are left. You could be a hero for eliminating cwd.

I hit a limb trying to kill a big male about 400 yards past those deer damn 17. I’m sure I’ll get another crack at that dog see him couple times a week

I was out in Custer last weekend hunting coyotes. There was a good amount of snow, but all the deer/elk/antelope we saw looked to be in good shape. All the south facing slopes were burned off. See what this storm actually turns into.

I’ve seen the reports from biologists in SW MT.

Something I thought was interesting, was in a couple of the "post season" mule deer surveys I received that were emailed out by the local biologist, those surveys were flown while the muzzleloader season was still happening.

Not that I think the muzzleloader season would meaningfully change the outcome of the surveys, but just that a "post season" survey now occurs during a hunting season for that which is being surveyed.

Something I thought was interesting, was in a couple of the "post season" mule deer surveys I received that were emailed out by the local biologist, those surveys were flown while the muzzleloader season was still happening.

Not that I think the muzzleloader season would meaningfully change the outcome of the surveys, but just that a "post season" survey now occurs during a hunting season for that which is being surveyed.
See , hunting seasons last year round now in Montana . Specifically for elk when is post season ? I thought it never ended #killtherodents

The ones I’ve received from local bio’s were done in mid January so I can’t speak to that.

It does seem counter productive to do them before that season is over. I don’t think there are many killed with the muzzleloader season in SW Montana though.

The ones I’ve received from local bio’s were done in mid January so I can’t speak to that.

It does seem counter productive to do them before that season is over. I don’t think there are many killed with the muzzleloader season in SW Montana though.
Were the counts good? Well within the long term average?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back