PEAX Equipment

montana deer counts, anyone seen them

R6 showed 5% drop from 2022 but 24% up from the LTA.

Data from 11 Deer Trend Areas.
View attachment 265710
I’m not familiar enough with region 6. It would be interesting if this matches up to what people that hunted 2000-2010 saw. It just seems the counts don’t match up to the real world.

I’m not familiar enough with region 6. It would be interesting if this matches up to what people that hunted 2000-2010 saw. It just seems the counts don’t match up to the real world.
I don’t disagree with you. I’m too young to know what was going on in R6 in the late 90’s. But we don’t have much more deer than we did in 2011-2013 after the miserable couple of winters and the chart seems to show that as well.

I don’t disagree with you. I’m too young to know what was going on in R6 in the late 90’s. But we don’t have much more deer than we did in 2011-2013 after the miserable couple of winters and the chart seems to show that as well.
Am I reading that data correctly?....there's nothing steady about the cliff drop last year in all 3 categories. Almost need a 4th line showing # of licences issued and a 5th line showing confirmed cases of CWD.

The drought is really bad and will effect things, I read that the other day before they had even started flying

A coworker of mine mentioned the other day how good eastern MT deer hunting is and how great it is to drive over and fill a truck with does. I just kinda rolled my eyes

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back