Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Montana Deer Alternates List

jt13

Anyone else impatiently waiting for the alternates list for deer this year? I havent seen or heard of an exact date or time when they are going to push out the list.

No cuz I’ll get the shaft I’m sure ..... guys that applied for deer combo and got turned down have pref , which they should . But I got turned down for the big game combo and there is no alternate list for they cuz they screwed up and over sold elk combos - so I get no pref but theoretically there should be more deer combos available via alternate list than usual cuz the big game combos that get turned back . Whatever - I’m going to Wyoming I’ll give them my $

8dinksandcounting, leave the youthful deer in Wyoming alone! WY is the last best place so don't go ruining it. :D
As for the alternates list I’m guessing the # signed up is high so i won’t be holding my breath

Anyone know how the "preference" in the alternates list works? Extra names in the hat?

Drawing has been held to determine positioning , im pretty happy I’m inside top 200 and I think there’s usually more than that returned of course it depends on the year. Lots and lots must have signed up cuz my dad is in the 1700s

1415 and 865.

Now I'm praying for at least a Elk B tag in next weeks drawing or I won't be going to Montana this year

Last edited:
From what I've heard you need to be in the top 200 to have a chance
Depends on year - there should be more deer combos this year cuz there’s no alternate list for big game combos - so the deer tags from the returned deer combos should also be re sold . The elk tags aren’t being resold cuz they over sold the leftover elk tags in May cuz of a computer glitch

Depends on year - there should be more deer combos this year cuz there’s no alternate list for big game combos - so the deer tags from the returned deer combos should also be re sold . The elk tags aren’t being resold cuz they over sold the leftover elk tags in May cuz of a computer glitch

From returned big game combos is what supposed to say

No cuz I’ll get the shaft I’m sure ..... guys that applied for deer combo and got turned down have pref , which they should . But I got turned down for the big game combo and there is no alternate list for they cuz they screwed up and over sold elk combos - so I get no pref but theoretically there should be more deer combos available via alternate list than usual cuz the big game combos that get turned back . Whatever - I’m going to Wyoming I’ll give them my $
So you drew in the top 200s without preference?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back