Montana decoy...what do you think??

sneakem

Just thought that I'd see what you all think of the Montana decoy...I've played around with it for the last few years and think it looks really good. Certain situations I wouldn't use it and find that I very rarely do in hunting situations...but she sure does look good...

I haven't had good luck with them out in the open like the pic. but have found it useful in the trees where they can't really fix on it and wait for it to move. Has been helpful in bowhunting situations when drawing a bow back, keeps their eyes somewhere else...

What do you guys think??

IM000252.jpg

It's been the key to my success the last couple years. I use it in the open in the trees it doesn't matter. It just amazes me how well it calms them down. I've had elk bust me and still come in convinced it's another elk. It's definetly awesome when used properly with some nice estrus whines.

One other interesting decoy I read about on another site, was a guy had the rear-end of a cow elk hide tanned and made into a vest. Said he'd use it to bring them that last little bit, but only during archery season.

I think its funny as hell to watch a lot of guys try and fold it back up.
At one hunting camp i sat and watched 4 guys take turns trying as i kicked back a few beers. After a while i said it cant be any different than a band saw blade and they tossed it to me and i did it like it was easy. they were all pissing and moaning and i was laughing my ass off.

They are tricky to fold back up...but it gets easier the more you do it...I took one out one time and wasn't paying attention to what I was doing...that bastage exploded open with a "whomp" and smacked me right in the face as I was trying to be still as elk walked past. I often wonder what the elk thought..."Poof" like a genie...there's an elk and a hunter, staggering around, holding his eye, swearing, just out of nowhere... They definately are spring loaded little humper's...:)

HA HA you all laugh..but anyone that has owned one, knows what I mean...Still think that they look great and work in the right situations..

Sneakem,
That was funny I am still laughing. But you are right they work great if you dont get your arss kick by them LOL :D

AZ402 said:
schmalts, your cool...........
Yea i know, its just cool to be told i am cool.. some day you may be as cool as me, or maybe cooler if you practice ;)

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back