Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Montana CAT/griz. Who ya got?

4 Griz, 6 Cats Last 10 years. Griz method of saving some face to a blistering loss. 😑🤣
Cats took a UM exposed weakness and powerhoused points! From there, Griz second half usual rebound never came to fruition.
We took a beating!

But hey, stats are stats:

View attachment 251079
Stats in the past don’t win games in the future….but heh….here’s to the loser😉💯

Attachments

• E7DDF81A-A232-4010-B007-264B707E4784.jpeg
    E7DDF81A-A232-4010-B007-264B707E4784.jpeg
    19.6 KB · Views: 4
The victor over the course of a day - I salute your win.

Exceed the current history of Griz whooping on Cats and I'll salute ya for actually dominating the Griz.

Until then. Here's to your day.

8bb3e2d63bd639e37cbea71fd0893c8b_w200.gif

All in good Griz Cat Rivalry fun. 🤣

Meaningless in the face of 55 to 21 loss getting on the bus.
Meaningless? Ok.

Screenshot_20221120-050520-478.png

A bit more more to your shared quote. My jovial response that prompted presenting, stats.

But hey, stats are stats. 🤣
All good fun, SA. Griz certainly took a beating!

It’ll be interesting to see the next game for both teams. The Griz obliterated the Eagles (Yes, their worst team in forever.) the week before this game. “Stats in the past don’t win games in the future….but heh….here’s to the loser.”

Also, was chatting with my buddy Kelly that now lives in Bozeman. As you can tell I’m a Griz and he’s a Cat. He was talking about being frustrated with how ugly the fan rivalry has gotten.

I bore witness to a great rivalry the week before, and my Pops is the former longest tenured President of the Eagle Booster Club and member of the Washington Sports Hall of Fame for Baseball at Eastern. Yes, they had a team. We talk shiz constantly, laugh, and love every moment. He celebrates the Griz fans when he goes to games every year. He gets pulled into tailgates and has a great time. I go out to Eastern and hang with 95% Eagles. Oh, and I talk the crap… It was painful last year, but we had a blast.

I hope the Griz Cat Rivalry can stay and/or get back to being a good hearted rivalry. F@ck, aren’t the real rivals the billionaires anyway!?! Screw Faldo! Unite around a common enemy… 😉

It’ll be interesting to see the next game for both teams. The Griz obliterated the Eagles (Yes, their worst team in forever.) the week before this game. “Stats in the past don’t win games in the future….but heh….here’s to the loser.”

Also, was chatting with my buddy Kelly that now lives in Bozeman. As you can tell I’m a Griz and he’s a Cat. He was talking about being frustrated with how ugly the fan rivalry has gotten.

I bore witness to a great rivalry the week before, and my Pops is the former longest tenured President of the Eagle Booster Club and member of the Washington Sports Hall of Fame for Baseball at Eastern. Yes, they had a team. We talk shiz constantly, laugh, and love every moment. He celebrates the Griz fans when he goes to games every year. He gets pulled into tailgates and has a great time. I go out to Eastern and hang with 95% Eagles. Oh, and I talk the crap… It was painful last year, but we had a blast.

I hope the Griz Cat Rivalry can stay and/or get back to being a good hearted rivalry. F@ck, aren’t the real rivals the billionaires anyway!?! Screw Faldo! Unite around a common enemy… 😉
Well said💯 A great reminder for all of us on HT when we are being “Keyboard Cowboys”…myself included. Here’s to a GREAT MONTANA tradition Cat/Griz‼️🥹

But hey, stats are stats. 🤣
All good fun, SA. Griz certainly took a beating!
But, hey you are so right! Stats from my tenure at MSU in the sixties ... the CATS beat the gris all four years. Jan Stenerud kicked a record setting 59 yard field goal. Jim "Spider" Tuss (classmate of mine from GFHS and MSU) ran back a punt return 80 yds for a TD. Gary Popiel from Hamilton (also MSU friend) ran back 74 yd punt return TD. It was a great run during my time cheering the Bobcats and reveling in the stands.

I think your point is that stats are stats and you can use them, count them, employ them however you wish to emphasize whatever your point-of-the-day is.
Whichever team wins; the CAT vs GRIZ Brawl of the Wild is always a fun and exciting game for the entire state of Montana ... and elsewhere.

The other positive dynamic is that whoever wins and goes on to playoffs, all of Montana cheers them on. I do hope the GRIZ are picked. It would be really exciting to someday see the CATS vs GRIZ for a national championship game. The lid would explode off Frisco with Big Sky excitement!

We had season tickets @ Washington Griz and when I was in town for any game, we were there. Tailgate parties were always phenomenal! An opponent jersey has always been welcomed to join as they walked by or while in the stands.

We all talk shnitz! But, it has always been lighthearted. Griz Cat? Exact same, if not even more friendly with each other whether at a restaurant, in the stands, or tailgate grilling good times!

I recall one adverse event by some young bucks a several years ago. Collectively Montanans and MT media railed those involved! It actually reunited the Cat Griz even tighter afterwards.

IMO, it's a Griz Cat tradition.

Some don't seem to comprehend the concept of rivalry, with valued appreciation for "The game". After all, they're our future Montanans, hopefully.

Cheers all! 🙂

My best friend’s daughter is on the rodeo team at MSU. Pretty cool they got to lead the College Gameday bus in.

Love this kid.

View attachment 251186
Yes, the Bobcat Rodeo Team had an awesome fall rodeo season ... with little to no news coverage of nationally ranked competitors.
My grandson also rode in that parade through Bozeman. He is ranked number one in steer wrestling in national collegiate rodeo and number three in All-Around Cowboy.
There are several others in the national ranks. I BOO! Montana sports television and newspaper coverage!

This makes me chuckle. I went to 2 cat/griz games in Missoula (2004 and 2006). I was a student at MSU and wearing MSU gear; wish I had a dollar for every beer can that hit me (I’m sure they are throwing white claws nowadays). That said, high schools buddy (who’s brother started on the defensive line) that came to cat/griz in bozeman in 2005 had his hat ripped off by MSU fans and thrown. There’s been hostility since the streak ended. Even more so since the griz fans think they are still a national power when they haven’t won anything since 2009. It’s a bummer to see it happen, but there’s bad apples in every fan base, regardless of the game or rivalry.

Reactions: JEL
Yes, the Bobcat Rodeo Team had an awesome fall rodeo season ... with little to no news coverage of nationally ranked competitors.
My grandson also rode in that parade through Bozeman. He is ranked number one in steer wrestling in national collegiate rodeo and number three in All-Around Cowboy.
There are several others in the national ranks. I BOO! Montana sports television and newspaper coverage!
Cat football, for all it’s glory, was never the event that the CNFR used to be in Bozeman. MSU ran the CNFR out of Bozeman over the use of tobacco, yet they seem to think beer consumption is OK at a football game.

I still miss the CNFR…

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back