Montana Bear license

Twolftg

So I waited till the last minute to buy my Montana bear license. With corona I wanted to be sure something didn't happen to have me cancel my trip again. So I bought it today so it would be good to go when I get there. I thought they had full printable licenses now, but the license says it's not a carcass tag and they will print one and send it to me. Does that seem correct to anyone else that bought online or am I an idiot.

I did the same thing a few years ago. I do know they have been experimenting with printable deer/elk tags recently though.

I just stopped in at a FWP office and had a reprint made for $5.

I did the same thing a few years ago. I do know they have been experimenting with printable deer/elk tags recently though.

I just stopped in at a FWP office and had a reprint made for $5.
I did mine a few weeks back and printed everything. You need to select that option somewhere during the whole purchase procedure. I don’t remember where exactly but if you don’t make the selection, yes they’ll mail it. LCH is correct, you’ll need to stop and have them print a duplicate, or you can call them and they can email you a PDF to print. I had to do the call option last winter for a deer b tag.

So I waited till the last minute to buy my Montana bear license. With corona I wanted to be sure something didn't happen to have me cancel my trip again. So I bought it today so it would be good to go when I get there. I thought they had full printable licenses now, but the license says it's not a carcass tag and they will print one and send it to me. Does that seem correct to anyone else that bought online or am I an idiot.
But no. Haha. You’re not an idiot😂😂. Their process is somewhat of an abomination

Yeah when I went to my email there was a link. So I tried to print the carcass tag thru my phone on the link and the printer spit out a blank page. So I tried it on my computer but apparently you only get 1 shot to try and print it. So apparently in the morning I will have to try and stop and see if I can get one printed. In 2019 I ordered mine and it didn't arrive before I left. So I had to get a replacement, hoping I don't get caught up in that 2 year have to go to a fwp office.

You can get them reprinted at any license vendor (gas stations, outdoor stores, etc) for $5. Can get it reprinted for free at an FWP office.

Happened to me a couple days before my trip. when I had the issue and called FWP HQS they basically told me their “system” doesn’t like wireless printers, which I found somewhat surprising given its 2021....

Not to hijack your thread - this question may apply to other nonres idiots :LOL: Headed out Saturday morning so I will be running into the same issue. I will be in Missoula Sunday morning, am i better off just buying my tag in town instead of online and then an additional 5$ to reprint?

Not to hijack your thread - this question may apply to other nonres idiots :LOL: Headed out Saturday morning so I will be running into the same issue. I will be in Missoula Sunday morning, am i better off just buying my tag in town instead of online and then an additional 5$ to reprint?
Probably however the 24hr wait after purchase rule is still in affect...unless that got removed during the BS legislature stuff (I honestly cannot remember)

As @Mthuntr said, depends on whether or not you think you will need it within 24 hrs. Getting it reprinted was seamless for me - was able to just add it to the 6-pack of beer and licky chewies I bought at the gas station. Just make sure you have your license handy.

Edit: I'm a dumb dumb and tagged mtmuley instead of mthuntr. 😂

Last edited:
From what I read the 24hr rule is still in effect.

Just got off the phone with Montana FWP. Great hold music by the way...

Apparently the website is having trouble with the black bear tag printing system. Even if you check that you want to print your carcass tag, It doesn't show up at the end of the transaction. The only workaround if you want your carcass tag without waiting to have it mailed is to go to a place where they sell tags and get the carcass tag “reprinted” for $5.

Or buy it in person. But then yeah, the 24 hr deal.

$5 is fine with me! That'll be the least I've ever spent at Cabelas...

Just got off the phone with Montana FWP. Great hold music by the way...

Apparently the website is having trouble with the black bear tag printing system. Even if you check that you want to print your carcass tag, It doesn't show up at the end of the transaction. The only workaround if you want your carcass tag without waiting to have it mailed is to go to a place where they sell tags and get the carcass tag “reprinted” for $5.

Or buy it in person. But then yeah, the 24 hr deal.

$5 is fine with me! That'll be the least I've ever spent at Cabelas...
Yeah I went to a FWP office and they didn't charge me.

Bought mine couple months ago. Kill tag never showed up in mail. Lady on phone said I have to pay an extra 5 bucks at license vendor. I suppose it's not much hassle but I bought it 2 months ago so I wouldn't have to make any extra stops. I'm leaving tonight so all is good!

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back