Montana area 210 - recommendations for hunting Elk/Mule deer

Some national forest, lots of private land. Decent elk numbers, many of which stay on private. Mule deer is by special permit only. Good brewery and bbq place in Philipsurg. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the heads up. MT Fish and Game didn't indicate that fact

Im just gonna be nice on this one and hold my tongue....

-Deer, Elk, Antelope
-
Complete Version *
(Images and maps are low resolution)

Download of this file may take several minutes even with a HIGH SPEED connection.
Pages 1-45
Pages 46-117
9.7 MB
9 MB

I read 'em, so I can break'em

#poacherslife #sickforit #flatbrimsandcreedmoors #jackedupthreequarterton #Hoyt #Ifleadaintflyinshitaintdyin
IDKY why it was so funny when you added Hoyt... but I had a tear in my eye from laughing.

To OP: Some units do have signs. Still, regs is regs, so know them well.

one time when I was a kid in the local sporting goods store, it was the last day of bear season at 3pm (sunset at 5pm) and a guy walks in and goes to the counter and says I'll have a bear tag.

Now the guy that owned the store was an intimidating grumpy old man. He looked him square in the eyes and said "oh yeah? How big of a bear have you shot?" and then proceeded to deny his sale.

I was 8 and I still remember that and remember my dad dying laughing while this bonehead stood at the counter dumbfounded.

I was in a bar in SW Montana the other evening and heard 3 non-resident hunters complaining about not being able to kill mule deer in a special permit area. Apparently, they had been hunting out there for a couple days before another hunter informed them it was draw only. This thread and that conversation got me to wondering how many of our special permit mule deer get poached unknowingly by non-residents. Is this a major problem? Does FWP need to do more when out of staters draw their combo tags (include a map of draw units)? I was truly shocked and disgusted to hear their lack of knowledge of the regulations.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back