Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Montana Application Help

Bowhuntr14

Looking for some help on applying for just a point for the coming year. The Montana Fish & Game sight is pretty usless when it comes to this. Is there just a place that I can apply for just a deer point or am I missing something very obvious? I know it takes 2 to 3 years so just want to apply for a point to beable to head that way in a couple years.

Thanks for the help.

You have to apply for the tag each year or you lose your points.
I was told if you don’t at least buy a point for two consecutive years you lose them.. I haven’t applied for MSG in two years but still got a point in July like MTH said above. I didn’t lose them thankfully, but I know it can happen!

I was told if you don’t at least buy a point for two consecutive years you lose them.. I haven’t applied for MSG in two years but still got a point in July like MTH said above. I didn’t lose them thankfully, but I know it can happen!
Not sure about MSG but deer elk if you have points and skip an application you lose them.

Thanks guys, I'm from Michigan and our system here is pretty straigh forward on animals we need for points. Like bears, I can apply for the year or just purchase a point. I click on what I want and pay, easy as it can get. I'm not planning on hunting this year so I guess I'll just wait until Jume 1st and just purchase a point.

Thanks

MSG points are bonus points, elk/deer combination are preference points and you do lose those if you don't apply. Two separate deals just FYI. Bonus points never go away.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back