Montana 700 unit.

nochawk

Well Montana took pitty on my and finally gave me a tag. I plan on hunting the walk in access areas but would like a altrnate spot if they are just too full of hunters. anyone in the area that can give me info? weather, recent burns, water availability?

I read the F&G reports but dont trust them completely. I have a call in to the regional biologist and am awaiting a call back..

any info would be appreciated.

Nate

An alternate area? :D Unit 700 for antelope is basically everything east of Billings and south of the Missouri! We're talking over 25,000 square miles. I'm sure you can find some elbow room. Where abouts are you planing to hunt?

There are thousands and thousands of acres of BLM and state land, plus hundreds of ranches in the block management program. Filling a tag is easy if you don't have your standard set to high, a 13-14"er is pretty do-able IMO. 3-4of us use to go out for a 3 day weekend and we'd all usually fill tags.

My only advice... Skip opening week. The redneck/yahoo/shoot at everything from the road crowd will be out in full force. Watch out for the locals they're usually the worst. And keep out of the local dive in Terry, the steaks are awesome, but the beer is much, much to cold. ;)

Take your shot gun too. Lots of birds out there, IMO hunting them is more fun than hunting goats!

Plus there is tons of public land in 700 as well. In addition to public, BMA and ranchers who hate antelope you can find a different place to hunt every day you are out there.

I just confirmed with a buddy from Broadus for the second week of the season.

Nemont

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back