Caribou Gear Tarp

Montana 3/4 curl ram judging

Buzz do you have a side view of your buddy's ram? Curious what the % of curl he was, he looks like a darn nice ram.
tomsram3.jpg

Gross scored 179 and change.

My buddies ram, 10 years old and unbrooomed.

tomsram2.jpg

The ram I passed 6 years old:

pic-bighornsheep165-hunts-wyoming.jpg
AFAFB622-6DB1-467A-B61D-8BA94A8D6D1B.jpeg
There’s something not right in the world when that broomed ram isn’t legal but a ram like this is.

I don’t fault the guy for shooting that ram, don’t look like he’s getting any younger and probably a dream of his, so why not fulfill your dreams why ya can ? Don’t know the guy or his financial status but possibly once in a life time ?
I think you look yourself in the mirror and nod because you did the right thing and passed that little dink. Failure is part of life. Sometimes when you think you win, you actually lost. But I guess if your dream was to shoot a little dink ram, have at it...might want to ponder your dreams...just sayin

Edited: Unless thats the biggest ram in the unit, than slam him. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I think you look yourself in the mirror and nod because you did the right thing and passed that little dink. Failure is part of life. Sometimes when you think you win, you actually lost. But I guess if your dream was to shoot a little dink ram, have at it...might want to ponder your dreams...just sayin

Edited: Unless thats the biggest ram in the unit, than slam him. :ROFLMAO:
Would it matter if the guy had COPD?

That broomed ram is legal
I would agree it should be and if there is a policy exemption for double broomed rams they sure keep it a secret, but it doesn’t pass the line through the eye test.

Attachments

• FB830818-14F5-4200-A708-CF649633D72C.jpeg
    FB830818-14F5-4200-A708-CF649633D72C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
I would agree it should be and if there is a policy exemption for double broomed rams they sure keep it a secret, but it doesn’t pass the line through the eye test.
Probably would be a legal ram eventually, it was only 6 in the photo.

For the record he was with 5 other rams and was noticably bigger bodied. I was 300 yards from that ram with looking at it through my spotting scope and I couldn't see the growth rings all that well.

I would have thought from just looking at it, probably 9 or 10 just based on body size and amount of brooming.

When I found out it was only 6 I was glad I didn't shoot it. Would have been disappointed.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back