Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

monster elk???

TLC

got this from a guy I work with. says his dad killed it out in idaho. blackfoot mountain area. says the email he got from his dad said the measurements right now, are 525 typical, and 546 non-typical. SCI scoring. any of you idaho guys hear about this thing?

monster_elk.jpg

Last edited:
OK after learnig that it was taken off a fenced area not quite as impressive. Still a huge elk but not quite the same.

Last edited:
Penned shooting is legal in Idaho. Just gotta get your tag from Department of Livestock, not the Idaho Fish and Game.

I find it funny that the folks in these photos send them to their hunting buddies. They should send them to their ranching friends.

When someone goes inside a pen to shoot an animal that is native to the area, seems hard to call that hunting. Just my simplified opinion.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of TV shows that have penned shooting confused with hunting.

Where have you been TLC? Miss your posts over here. Hope you are having a good season and fun with your other projects.

We also have elk hunts that we guarantee specific size bulls. For the hunter that would like to choose a particular class of bull, we have bulls up to 600 points. We do not over hunt our ranches and we are at 100% success for elk.

600 points? Now that would be an animal husbandry story.

had a feeling there was something fishy about this. still a great bull, but hard to be proud of something taken inside a fenced area. wonder if his son knows this was inside a fenced area?

Randy, stop by occasionally. need to keep up with what's happening out west. be going to wyoming in a couple years after an elk. so, keep up with the advice from the other's post. and be back in minnesota next fall for another shot at black bear if I draw again. should this year. oh, and by the way, congrats on all the great hunts you've had this year. oh, and by the way II. GO BEARS!!!!:p:p

keep your eyes on your PM's.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cercek
Back