Caribou Gear

Moisture in the breaks (Crooked Creek)

Beartooth83

If I'm not mistaken, this area was getting pretty consistent precip earlier this summer. I've been slacking at tracking it as of late. Can anyone fill me in on how things are looking up there?

I was in that area a couple weeks ago and it was definitely green. As far as how much precipitation I'm not sure since then. The rain north of there has been pretty consistent. I was amazed at how many trees were blown over or snapped off from one of the earlier storms. They're laying over everywhere you look. The good news is even with all the spring bottoms and water holes filled up the mosquitoes weren't bad at all.

Boy the therma cell doesn't even cut it if you're moving. Spray down in bug spray and don't change your clothes for a few days. Sure you stink but you can't hunt out there and not sweat!

Boy the therma cell doesn't even cut it if you're moving. Spray down in bug spray and don't change your clothes for a few days. Sure you stink but you can't hunt out there and not sweat!

- I agree. I meant just take it along to use in camp and when you're on a glassing perch. I use mine A LOT for early bow season whitetails along the Milk. You can't beat it for keeping you blood sucker free in the tree stand.

Follow up to this topic:

I was out in 621 and 622 over last weekend and it was wet. I could barely get to some of the spots I wanted to as the drainages and low spots were so wet. Dam near got stuck in two places (but fortunately I didn't). If things don't dry a bit...there may need to be some plan B spots.

Was just out there last weekend with NWTF volunteers looking at prescribed fire projects we have been helping fund. It all looked nice and green. Antler growth should be good!

I was there on Thursday, trails were dry except for a few mud holes.
It was very windy that day and dried things out a lot. Yes, nice and green for Aug.

Highwood, Is the crooked creek crossing accessible from Winnett as of last time you were there?

thanks

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back