Caribou Gear Tarp

Modern 2016-2020 Westerns worth watching

88man

What is currently out there worth watching? We watched the Ballad of lefty Brown last night

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs

The Hateful Eight

These are at two different ends of the spectrum, but I enjoyed them both.

I watched Hostiles recently and enjoyed it. It has little more nuance than the golden age of Hollywood westerns.

The Mandalorian is really just a Western set in the Star Wars universe. Magnificent 7 remake fits in there too.

Hateful 8 (2015) was ok. Felt like a lot of retread stuff from Django that Tarantino wasn't able to use. Jennifer JAson Leigh's performance was the standout in that film for me.

Though it's based in KY, Justified is a hillbilly western. I like that series as well as Longmire.

Ben- Agreed on the Mandolorian which I just finished last night with my 9yo. Good series.

Though it's based in KY, Justified is a hillbilly western. I like that series as well as Longmire.

Ben- Agreed on the Mandolorian which I just finished last night with my 9yo. Good series.

I've only watched the first 4. So don't ruin it for me. I want to know if Baby Yoda ends up blasting those bad guys or just wanders around looking helpless and lost. :D

Justified was a great western series. All the classice elements & I like Timothy Oliphant in just about everything I've seen him in.

I liked Longmire after I got over that it was different than the books....and that they couldn't film it in WY. I heard an interview with Craig Johnson where he said it was because of the filming schedule starting in March and well, March in WY is kind of like January ;)

Back