Caribou Gear Tarp

MN Moose hunt

mconway951

Looks like everything is set for my MN moose hunt. After my hunting partner bailed at the last minute last night and we are leaving on Friday I had to scramble to find and new helper. Luckily my cousin in college decided to take off of school for a few days and tag along. Looks like great weather and should be be makings of a great once in a lifetime hunt.
Like I said we will be leaving friday and going deep into the boundry waters wilderness canoe area and wont be able to update till we get back but hopefully bullwinkle will come a long for a ride on the way back.

mconway951;2133893hunt. Like I said we will be leaving friday and going deep into the boundry waters wilderness canoe area and wont be able to update till we get back but hopefully bullwinkle will come a long for a ride on the way back.[/QUOTE said:
Best of luck on the hunt.

I would really love to get into the Boundary someday, but for now I will have to live through your pics. Don't disappoint.:D:D:D

Have fun...and share.

Good luck man. Funny how people bail out on a moose hunt once it gets close. Had that happen to me back in 2006...good thing for real good friends!

Good luck on what should be a great adventure and hunt. Yep, gotta make sure you have some close friends when your talking about putting a Moose on the ground.

Good luck. I just got back from the boundary waters a couple of weeks ago and wish I was headed up there again. Hopefully your trip back is a little tougher on the way back with all the extra weight.

Your buddy is not very smart...he just wasted the once in a lifetime license...Good luck and I'll take some meat when you get back :)

I'm hoping you aren't the guy I read about in the MPLS Star-Trib that airvaced out of the BWCA, due to a self-inflicted hatchet wound. No, can't be, he was from way down south.

Hye guys sorry for the long delay not sure how I missed your post here either Fin.
Well the MN once in a life time moose hunt was a great hunt we canoed in to our camp and then canoed about two miles from camp everyday to a sorner of our zone that had burned about 3 years ago. We found tons of moose sign scrapes rubs track droppings you name it we saw it. We had one thing working against us and that was the weather the highs were in the upper 70s that week we saw a couple of cows and a calf and we had a bull grunting at us from just over a ridge but never came into view and with the blow down that didnt completly burn out it was a tangled mess of fallen dead trees that was impossible to get through without sounding like aD9 dozer so we were not able to get on him before he disapperead on us. It was fun to be so far north and out of the city for a while we were actually walking the us and canada border to get to our zone
It was by far the best hunting trip I have ever had where I didn't take the animal I was after, I am really hoping to go to Ak and chase them in fall of 2012 thought.

Ill get Pics up soon gotta compress them down

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fred Powell Sr
Back