Missouri River Walleyes

Buschy

On Wednesday a friend from work told me he had been limiting on walleyes south of Bismarck on every trip and asked if I wanted leave work at noon yesterday for a little fishing. He didn't have to ask twice, as I don't ever turn down an opportunities to spend a nice day on the water. I am better at hunting than fishing so actually catching any fish is just a bonus to the day! The fish were hitting crankbaits like a frieght trains and were done in 90 minutes!! Everyone around use was catching fish just as quickly and there was a waiting line at the cleaning station after we loaded the boat. The number of fish in this area must be staggering as this has been going on for three weeks now!!

Attachments

• IMG_0172.JPG
    IMG_0172.JPG
    232 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0173.JPG
    IMG_0173.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0174.JPG
    IMG_0174.JPG
    215.5 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0176.JPG
    IMG_0176.JPG
    513.8 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0177.JPG
    IMG_0177.JPG
    433.9 KB · Views: 185
Nice work...

I see you got a few white bass.

Walleye fishing exploded a couple weeks ago here...like 14 casts and 11 fish.

White Bass. I was gonna have to ask.

Walleye is still the only fish I can stand to eat. Looks like fun.

Nice (short) work. I'd enjoy fishing if I could catch something.

Walleye is still the only fish I can stand to eat. Looks like fun.

Have you had halibut when you're in AK? Love the stuff. Might go try to catch some this summer.

Oh, I guess I forgot I have had Kings on the BBQ that was pretty good. Not as good as walleye though.

My brother has been a little tight with the halibut.

Dinkshooter,

White bass are fun to catch, good eating fish similar to walleye,...but a PITA to filet when you catch a few. Buschy has the right idea...keep a limit of walleye and throw in a couple whites for good measure.

I'm a slow learner.

whitebass.jpg

Dinkshooter,

White bass are fun to catch, good eating fish similar to walleye,...but a PITA to filet when you catch a few. Buschy has the right idea...keep a limit of walleye and throw in a couple whites for good measure.

I'm a slow learner.

whitebass.jpg

:eek: Nice geek shot Buzz. Is that you or your Polish cousin??:D

SS,

Huh? Polish?

You should know only a Norwegian could catch fish like that...

Maybe you'll like this one better...same fish right after the slaughter on the Aqua Fria.

whitebass3.jpg

Nice bunch of walleyes bucshy.

SS,

Huh? Polish?

You should know only a Norwegian could catch fish like that...

Maybe you'll like this one better...same fish right after the slaughter on the Aqua Fria.

whitebass3.jpg

I remember that picture of the agua fria.
whites havent done that good this this year like years past. at least we are not seeing th fishing reports like we used to. they did close that section off to all drivng and from what I understand its a 1-2 mile hike to the water now.
river opens the next week , I am trying to get a day to go out when it opens.

the striper fishing was even slow this year compared to other years. but the crappie at pleasant have really picked up.

Wally dog,

It is nice having Sacakewea filling up and the river higher. The fishing is great and will only get better in the next few years as the spawning habitat is fantastic.

Buzz,

I'm with you, nothing wrong with some white bass. Although many would disagree!

nice walleyes and white bass. I have been working all summer and not fishingf much, 3 days since june 1st.. But I will get geared up after july 16th....

I heard it was about 4lbs. I wasn't there. She was with grandma and grandpa. I guess she said, "What do you think about THAT!?! -- In your FACE.." to her brother who had a melt-down when she landed the biggest fish of the day. Girls can be mean.

Well brothers can think they are the best fisherman God ever put on earth. Nothing wrong with a little trash talk! :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back