Missing My MT Residency

bowhuntmontana

Just submitted my first non-resident apps for Montana, after living there the previous 34 years. I miss Montana in more ways than I can express, and will not miss an opportunity to get back there and get after it in hunting season. Money well spent for me. Hoping those bonus points I have been building for a while might just come in handy, but I'll take the general hunting opportunities any day and be happy about it.

I have found some pretty good hunting and fishing opportunities in my new state of Utah, so that has been a bonus, but there are a lot more people around than I'd prefer. Oh well, wife is much happier, and happy wife=happy life.

Good luck in the draw!

Makes a really good case for purchasing a lifetime resident hunting license if your home state offers such an option.

I used the believe that happy wife = happy life saying. Then she convinced me to move back to IN. I am not so sure that is all that true...

My wife tried to convince to me to move to CO or MT about ten years ago. Having just gotten home from an 18 month deployment, I wanted no part of it. We quickly settled down and now have to many anchors here to pick up and move.

It certainly isnt all bad here. I have all the pheasants, ducks and geese i can stand in the fall. Along with whitetails. I can catch as many walleyes as I want most all year long. While i certainly dont have the coyotes like out west, I still call a fair number every year but..............Hindsight wishes i would have at least entertained the idea ten years ago.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back