Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Misc birds from this weekend

mtmiller

Chased some birds around this weekend. I can't believe Ax can get so excited about chasing birds in the mud and the cold, but he continues to get it done.
Out of the water and on to the ice.
P1160239.JPG

Better keep my eye on that other bird while I bring this one back.
P1160253.JPG

Somebodies not riding in the front seat on the way home. :eek:
P1160262.JPG

Take the flipping picture already, it's chilly out here. :D
P1160320.JPG

This morning pretty much sucked for ducks. I guess blasting the crap out of them for the last three weekends might be the reason. :eek: Killed one mallard early and hit the road for home.

Decided to take a quick walk on the way home and killed a couple of them damn exotics.
P1160329.JPG

P1160372.JPG

Ended up with a couple sharpies, two roosters and a hun. Could have killed a couple more sharptails, but they are not my favorite dinner fare. Lots of them out there though.

later....

Mr. Miller:

Nice birds. Fun for the dog.

Even though it was -4F in Bozeman this morning, I was enticed to go after honkers when my friend, Nate (guy with the beard), told me of this hot field. We were done within an hour. Good thing, as the cold was getting to me. The dogs get to stay home when it is this cold and when we do a field layout in the snow.

Not many birds left. Seems the snow, more than that cold has pushed them out. I suspect it is hard for them to feed through two feet of snow.

Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• Geese.jpg
    Geese.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 145
Very nice. Looks like your scenery is a little better than what I am used to on the bird hunts. I hope the pup doesn't give you the evil eye when you come back from those hunts. ;) I would guess you have to sneek the birds past him. :D

Great pics Miller. Axl is a real utility dog with the waterfowl and upland.

I learned my lesson about taking my fair weather dog out in cold temps this last Saturday.

mtmiller, outstanding pictures. What camera are you shooting with? Does Axl point or is he a flusher on upland birds. I know that pointing labs are becoming more and more popular.

I am shooting the FZ10 (Panasonic). I don't think is available anymore, but the it's big brothers FZ20 and FZ30 are there. This camera has been through hell and is starting to show the effects of getting to wet, muddy and beat up. Once in a while I have to turn it off/on to get the auto focus to kick in, but I will blame that on the 18 months of hell I have put it through. Just got an FZ30 for the office, so I will see if that is something I will go with this coming season.

Axl is just a flusher, although we don't hunt uplands very much. A pointing lab would be cool, but right now I do waaayyyy more waterfowling. Trieven Kenels in Wyoming has pointing labs and I am looking to get a new pup in 2007, so I will see what changes in the next year or so.

Good luck with the honkers and keep the pics coming.

Nice pics...Looks like fun i will go out for the first time on Firday hope i get a ton....Thanks for the pics.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back