Minnesota man charged for "reckless discharge" of a firearm

COEngineer

Newser.com

This guy's excuse, that it was, "pure bad luck" is abysmal. I hope the judge and/or jail time beat into his head that there is no luck in bullet trajectory. Just like the rest of us learned in hunter ed or earlier.

if your basing his guilt off of that article I think you are passing a swift judgement...obviously a whole lot more to the story if charges were brought I would assume.

I agree with Mudranger. Not enough details in that article for me to form an opinion on the degree, if any, of recklessness.

I have seen reckless behavior by Minnesotans in the Dakotas before. This doesn't come as a big surprise to me.

"..the bullet had in fact gone through the shed and into a home, where it shattered a glass shower door, continued through a wall, and into a dresser inside a bedroom, reports Outsider. It was ultimately found on the floor beneath the dresser."

Bet it wasn't a Berger VLD...
Had to be a Barnes ttsx. But I don't know they are never located.

Don't be surprised or concerned by the comments coming from us minnesotans.. we have a tendacy to burn down our cities.. zero cred.
Love SD though, people are patriots.. Thank the lord this incident didn't hurt anyone. Folks need to be careful in those wide open spaces. We are all responsible for our actions including where that bullet ends up.. no excuses.

Don't be surprised or concerned by the comments coming from us minnesotans.. we have a tendacy to burn down our cities.. zero cred.
Pretty sure nice none of the members here burned anything other than holes in our wallets.

I agree with Mudranger. Not enough details in that article for me to form an opinion on the degree, if any, of recklessness.
I totally disagree. The bullet didn't just barely penetrate the house, it went practically through the house, which to me implies that it had a lot of energy left (not that hitting a house way over the horizon is much better than hitting one point blank), but what possible excuse could there be?

Back