Minnesota 2021 Season

Enjoying following along! I'm up in Brainerd and have been noticing that this year has been better than average for us!

I shot the buck in my profile pic in the beginning of October, my cousin shot a nice goofy looking 9 on opening morning of gun season. Then my dad shot a big 8 on Friday after opener. We've had a really good year. Not normally this good!
That is interesting. I can’t figure out what the deal is, other than perhaps the dry summer messing with browse or mast or something? I’ve been keeping an individual sit journal for the past 5 years or so in which I log sightings and such. This year is an anomaly for sure.

My final draw of the year opened last Saturday, and I’d planned to hunt it pretty hard. That plan was upended when my wife broke her ankle the day before, and with her being on crutches, with dogs, in a split level house, she needs serious help to manage. I may make it out for a small game hunt yet this year, but I believe my whitetail season may be done. Tough way to end the season, for sure. But, being able to help around home is the most important thing by far.

Hopefully I’ll be posting a squirrel or two here in the coming weeks!

My final draw of the year opened last Saturday, and I’d planned to hunt it pretty hard. That plan was upended when my wife broke her ankle the day before, and with her being on crutches, with dogs, in a split level house, she needs serious help to manage. I may make it out for a small game hunt yet this year, but I believe my whitetail season may be done. Tough way to end the season, for sure. But, being able to help around home is the most important thing by far.

Hopefully I’ll be posting a squirrel or two here in the coming weeks!
Damn good husband!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back