Minna-soda holding their own so far...

B9oKoxK.jpg

That's gotta hurt.

Glad I don't have to worry about that kind of disappointment in the playoffs.....

Been disappointed by the Vikings many times over the years. This one ranks right up there. So close yet.....At least the team is relatively young and there is hope for next year.

Last edited:
The good news is that I don't have to choose between ice fishing and watching football next weekend. I think what surprised me most was that I wasn't surprised he missed.

How about Bud Grant doing the coin toss in short sleeves? Awesome

Yeah, the laces were not where they were supposed to be, but Blair Walsh stood there and "owned it" the way a professional does. I hope he continues being a good kicker and some day kicks a wining field goal in a bigger game than this. In today's world, finding a high profile person take it on their shoulders when something goes wrong is admirable. He could have easily blamed many other things, but put it all on himself.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/minnesota...1/Walsh-I-m-the-only-one-who-didn-t-do-my-job

Most kickers want laces facing or away, they don't want the on the side. My buddy, who kicked in college said it was his plant foot being too close and possibly rushing it due to Sherman coming so close of the prior kick.

I agree with Fin. Even as a GB fan, I would have liked the Hawks to lose. Blair's interview was the epitome of handling your mistake as a professional.

The Bengals last night made me want to puke blaming everyone except themselves.

Seattle didn't win today because they were the superior team. They played like crap, hardly putting anything worthy of a highlight reel together, and won the game on a flubbed kick. They didn't earn that win, it was given to them. Thanks in part at Petersen, too.

Last night, it was obvious that Cincy was headhunting. The fans really showed their class by cheering Ben and throwing water bottles and trash at him as he was going to the locker room on the cart injured. To me, the entire city got what they deserved. I thought it was beautiful, though, to see Pacman crying at the end of the game. It was a fitting end. Way to give the Steelers 30 yards in penalties and put them in fieldgoal range with what, 18 seconds left? Dumbasses.

Seattle didn't win today because they were the superior team. They played like crap, hardly putting anything worthy of a highlight reel together, and won the game on a flubbed kick. They didn't earn that win, it was given to them. Thanks in part at Petersen, too.

Last night, it was obvious that Cincy was headhunting. The fans really showed their class by cheering Ben and throwing water bottles and trash at him as he was going to the locker room on the cart injured. To me, the entire city got what they deserved. I thought it was beautiful, though, to see Pacman crying at the end of the game. It was a fitting end. Way to give the Steelers 30 yards in penalties and put them in fieldgoal range with what, 18 seconds left? Dumbasses.
That 30yds in penalties was farther than it appeared that Big Ben could throw the ball! I don't understand why they were playing such a soft secondary when I thought it was pretty clear he couldn't put much of anything on the ball.

Well, not sure about the laces but I know Blair Walsh like to kick off the right hash mark so why the Vikes went left on the previous play is more interesting then the laces. We find ways to choke but I will say this. Nobody expected us to get to the playoffs this year. We have a young team and finally a descent coach. The future seems bright for this franchise.

That 30yds in penalties was farther than it appeared that Big Ben could throw the ball! I don't understand why they were playing such a soft secondary when I thought it was pretty clear he couldn't put much of anything on the ball.

It looks like he's got a separated shoulder :eek:

Well, not sure about the laces but I know Blair Walsh like to kick off the right hash mark so why the Vikes went left on the previous play is more interesting then the laces. We find ways to choke but I will say this. Nobody expected us to get to the playoffs this year. We have a young team and finally a descent coach. The future seems bright for this franchise.

I agree, it looks like they are on the right path and took a big step. Played amazing since that loss to Seattle in week 13. They need to capitalize on the next few years with AP

I was pulling for Minnesota and my jaw hit the floor when I seen the ball get closer to the sidelines than the goal post.:eek: Maybe Seattle's playoffs will be short lived when come here next weekend!;)

that was surely an exciting game, down to the wire! that hurt seeing the kick go wide,I was having flashbacks to the Atlanta game with Gary Andersen. But really I am very happy with how far they have come, and where it can go from here... SKOL!

like you siad, gotta give Blair credit for owning it. you could easily say that the AP fumble put us in position to have lost the game too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back