Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Mini 14 accuracy issue

I had a mini-30 for a while and if I had to wager the picture from OP shot straighter than that f*cking boat anchor.

Oof couldn’t trade that sucker off fast enough, should have held on to it a few more years, I bet it’d be worth almost $1K now!

I once had a Mini accurized. Seriously, I paid a great gunsmith to improve the gun. He did, and the trigger was amazing, but it was still not quite a MOA rifle. Its a shame though, they are a fun gun to shoot, shame that a $400 AR-15 shoots better.

I think I saw that pic on Facebook a while back. If I remember correctly, the caption said, "if you need some gunsmithing done, I know a guy.". Had a laugh over it both then and now, but srsly, looking at that makes me cringe.

Yea Someone sent it to me I cant take credit but I figured it would be good for a laugh or ten.

Ya know, I don't think I'd care if it shoots well or not, I wouldn't shoot it I don't think. That base looks like it was welded on. That's a lot of heat to apply to the action! If it is a weld, wonder how much it may have effected the hardness of the action?

Saw this on an auction website (it was up to $550 with 5 days to go 😬) and it made me think of this thread. Everyone wanted to make their mini accurate for some reason. 🤷‍♂️
8F4B8580-F143-492A-8825-DDAD451DFB81.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back