Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Mike Lee introduces legislation to sale and develop public lands

Here is the link on BHA's website, take a moment and contact Lee and the other two representatives here, it is the top issue on this link:

I think the bill is dead on arrival. I think Lee knows it. He wants the issue to rail about.

To actually pass it, it would take a politician as shrewd as Harry Reid. Senator Lee is no Harry Reid.

I’ve lost all respect for affordable housing because like all “good things” people ruin it for personal gain. Standard procedure here is to build affordable housing with government help, then after required 5 year period is up, they evict everyone and rent as high priced condos.

Never in a million years would I have thought public lands would get sold. Let alone for affordable housing.

Imagine voting for Mike Lee, being a hunter, and thinking those two things are the joke.
Mike Lee knows he has no consequences for these types of bills. There is zero chance that he loses his seat to a democrat. Utah is a firm Republican state and there is no way he gets beat. With the shit show of current federal level democrats and how far divided our country is right now; Utah is not about to flip a senate seat and give the Dems one.

Mike lee is obviously a POS and No friend to the public land hunter. However, we’ll be seeing him for a long time because he’s not losing….

Mike Lee knows he has no consequences for these types of bills. There is zero chance that he loses his seat to a democrat. Utah is a firm Republican state and there is no way he gets beat. With the shit show of current federal level democrats and how far divided our country is right now; Utah is not about to flip a senate seat and give the Dems one.

Mike lee is obviously a POS and No friend to the public land hunter. However, we’ll be seeing him for a long time because he’s not losing….
I agree that it’s a super uphill battle (especially with money Lee has at his disposal) As I’ve said, McMullin is an Independent candidate, and although the path is narrow (you’d even have to convince Dems to drop out of this race for that path to be viable) McMullin policy wise is very much to the right. Lee certainly has the distinct advantage obviously. There hasn’t been a poll I’ve seen where he’s broke 50% approval. The most recent general election poll sat at 43% Lee, 19% McMullin, 11% Weston(Dem), 24% undecided. McMullin has raised a fair amount of money. Again, everything would have to line up perfect and he would have to run a very strong campaign between here and November.

Seems like between all the cwmu lands and lds church property Utah private lands could help solve the housing issue first

I think I am taking this green decoy thing way too far. So much so that I have killed dozens of big game animals and hundreds of birds just to infiltrate amongst real hunters to try and convince them that actually giving a damn about the animals they hunt and the lands they recreate on is an important part of being a responsible outdoors person.
DSCN6828.jpg

Conservation shouldn’t be an R v D / Lib v Conservative issue. But politicians will try to turn it into that. It’s up to us to call bullshit on it.
"Conservation" is disguised within politics by the, "Conservationists".
Center for Biological Diversity as one example.

Another Could be held by leadership prevalent in one party or another.
One may push for wind/solar on public land, another may counter with oil / natural gas extraction.

These are the facts behind our American system. It's allegedly constituents who our representatives "represent" though reality, it's Lobbyists whom play chess for constituents though politicians know who butters their bread and where the yeast originated for their bread.

And the political wheel turns.

Seems like a good day to mention, public lands are just one of the many reasons it is well worth supporting an independent candidate over Mike Lee who simply asks the extreme parts of his party “what should I be saying” publicly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back