Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Utah, it's time to oust Mr. Anti-Public lands Mike Lee

Lee won by 14 points. No For Sale signs seen yet on public lands! GreenDecoy issue all along.

Twitter @drackcove HT @Oneye
The fact that Lee won doesn't change the issue... Lee is still on record repeatedly preaching that federal lands should be controlled by the state. That hasn't changed and doesn't make it a greed decoy issue. It's a real issue.

Lee winning shows that for many Utahns, that issue was a smaller deal than other issues that they think Lee can do something about (whether he can or not is a moot point now that he has won). Gloat if you feel the need, but it's not like Lee was an underdog here.

Public land stewardship was the issue that pushed many of us that are part of this forum to vote against Lee because it is something that directly impacts something we love. Not everyone shares those same values and that is ok with me. It truly is ok to have differences of opinion regardless of what the polarized sides in this country want you to believe. The populous spoke last night. If Lee decides to change his stance on public lands, then perhaps I will support him in the future, but I don't see that happening. So, in his next election cycle I will once again weigh this issue and any challenger's stance on it as well as the other issues I deem important and make my decision then.

Lee is a POS on the public land issue. With that being said…he won’t lose, ever. Utah is deep Red at this point and his seat is firmly in hand for the long run. The optimism for an independent was great, but it wasn’t even a contest.

Lee won by 14 points. No For Sale signs seen yet on public lands! GreenDecoy issue all along.

Twitter @drackcove HT @Oneye
Lee will win by around 8-10 points once SLCo has counted all its votes. Lee had every advantage and performed the worst of any statewide Republican in decades. SLCo Democrats also did not turn out for McMullin, which is disappointing. Enjoy Lee fighting against the things you claim to love to do for another 6 years. And enjoy him accomplishing and doing absolutely nothing for you @OriginalOscar. He has a good track record of doing nothing at all. Lee had every advantage in this race OO. I wouldn't gloat too hard about an 10 point win, in Utah, against McMullin, in this political climate, and performing the worst of any statewide Republican candidates in decades. Btw how did Republicans do on the whole?

Last edited:
That's only because he's incompetent. The only thing he's done in 12 years in office is temporarily shut down the government in a scheme hatched with Ted Cruz. It didn't work and failed too.
He's also going to end up winning by closer to 8-9 points once SLCo tabulates its remaining 140,000 votes that Lee is losing at a 60/40% clip. Overall, I expected Lee to win. McMullins biggest mistake was endorsing/voting for Biden. He also didn't enthuse Democrats in SLCo because SLCo had some of the worst turnout in the state and McMullin desperately needed Dems to turn out and they didn't. Overall though, Lee will do nothing for another 6 years.....because no one....not even his own party likes him.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back