Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Midseason Updates, Mistakes, and Oversights

LaSportsman

So listened to this podcast today. Thanks to Randy and Marcus for keeping it going through COVID.

I laughed when Randy talked about doing payroll since he always talks about hiring folks for things he doesn't like around the house. When you're a CPA, I guess you do your own payroll!

Break: Marcus mentioned needing a recreation permit for MT (?) on state land. Same thing in AZ. Your hunting/fishing license is your permit if you are actually hunting or fishing but you need a permit for all other activities. I just pay the $25 a year for the permit but I always have the same question as Marcus: If I'm scouting and the season isn't open yet, am I covered by my hunting license? Hmmm.

I just pay the $25 a year for the permit but I always have the same question as Marcus: If I'm scouting and the season isn't open yet, am I covered by my hunting license? Hmmm.
Yeah, that one struck me also.
Hopefully don't find out the hard way...

I just pay the $25 a year for the permit but I always have the same question as Marcus: If I'm scouting and the season isn't open yet, am I covered by my hunting license? Hmmm.
Assuming you are referring to scouting on Montana State lands, the permit is separate from the hunting license but most of us purchase both together beginning each season. Your hunting license document lists all those permits and licenses you hold. Read the license document. If it does not show the state lands permit, then you will need to purchase one for hiking, bird watching, rock collecting, scouting, hunting or whatever you wish to enjoy on state lands.

If in doubt, read the Montana FWP Hunting Regulations.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back