Caribou Gear Tarp

Michigan grouse

Next trip come to MN. Best grouse hunting in the nation. Avoid national forest land because the tree huggers in Washington banned all logging. Hit state, county & WMA's. I bet there is 1-2 million + acres of public land that never see's a grouse hunter all season. Nobody grouse hunts anymore.
Thanks for that info!

Getting closer to the season! I'm looking at Mid October to come do a 7 day hunt with my pup. Anyone else have any pointers or recommendations?
If you aren’t finding birds along the logging roads, get off the roads. Work the edges of the cuts. The birds that spend a lot of time near logging roads give themselves more opportunities to get shot. Be ready as you approach dead falls in the cuts and look for balsams/spruce and work around those.

Getting closer to the season! I'm looking at Mid October to come do a 7 day hunt with my pup. Anyone else have any pointers or recommendations?
i've got a pointer but no recommendations lol. 2 yr old we have trained to trail ride with the horses. super excited when he sees the grouse but hasn't put 2 + 2 together, few weeks ago one was on the ground so i called him in but he was too much focused on a good run to figure out what we were after.

not sure if we're in a "good" population year in NY, but last weekend camping in the alleganies we had a handful around camp, generally a few where we ride in the adirondacks so i'm sure more in both places we just aren't looking for them

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back