PEAX Equipment

Michigan elk draw success

MITCHMO

No success for me, but success for my son. I couldn’t be more excited to take my son out for his first elk hunt. He’s pretty small so his ability to walk through snow and carry a rifle is limited. So finding some private may be a good option so I can throw up a ground blind. If there’s any past or present tag holders that have done the December hunt, and have any info they want to share, let me know!

I couldn’t believe it when my wife showed me the letter.
IMG_8240.jpeg

The elk are there in December and the state plants certain areas to help elk winter over public land… my brother was on elk every day, and would of had his cow had he not grabbed his sizing loaded and the bullet got stuck in his barrel. Hiked back 3 miles to find he had left his ammo back home in GR. Afterward he could only get one group of 6 bulls consistently.

The elk are there in December and the state plants certain areas to help elk winter over public land… my brother was on elk every day, and would of had his cow had he not grabbed his sizing loaded and the bullet got stuck in his barrel. Hiked back 3 miles to find he had left his ammo back home in GR. Afterward he could only get one group of 6 bulls consistently.
That’s painful!

Weird the portal doesn’t update until the 26th and still shows pending for the whole family. Guess not getting a letter means just points again.
I was just thinking this same thing? Kind of odd that letters went out before draw results.

Congrats on a great opportunity for you guys!! If you haven't already, get in touch with Scott Connell. He's one of the most well respected guides for these hunts and may be able to point you in the right direction whether you book a trip with him or DIY. He and his crew know these animals and where they go before they elk know what they are going to do.

His phone will he ringing off the hook tomorrow with the results getting posted, but he might be able to point you to a landowner or two to contact before the rush starts.

The DNR wants these tags to be filled, and does a great job of providing exact kill locations from previous years. Spend some time with them.

Super excited to hear how it goes (and secretly hoping we get a tag too)!!!

No success for me, but success for my son. I couldn’t be more excited to take my son out for his first elk hunt. He’s pretty small so his ability to walk through snow and carry a rifle is limited. So finding some private may be a good option so I can throw up a ground blind. If there’s any past or present tag holders that have done the December hunt, and have any info they want to share, let me know!

I couldn’t believe it when my wife showed me the letter.
View attachment 281245
congrats that is awesome!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back