Yeti GOBOX Collection

MI Deer Opener - Live Hunt

Blew out the lane & parking areas, reset the blind & got it ready for the afternoon. Beat the county plows. Don't think I'm leaving the property today. 20 inches on the ground with another 6-8 on the way.

All your snide comments about Helena’s snow removal notwithstanding… I won’t make any comments about karma or chickens coming home to roost.

Stay warm!

So back in swamp this morning, 15 degrees with 15-20 mph wind. Saw nothing until 9. Decent enough buck, solid 8, good enough for public land. But he worked his way past me at 75 or so. Impossible to get clean shot thru all the trees so at least I know he is there. Between 9 and 10, 5 does so nice to see critters. Finally pulled out, hands frozen by time got back to truck. Left truck heater on high so when I hit it with remote start couple hundred feet away it starts up and gets to warming cab.

Maybe later.

I ended up digging out the house & vehicles, then found a nice spot in front of a fire to re-arrange my fly bag & bass boxes.

I am conserving my energy for this week. Have a fairly heavy work day today, but light rest of the week. Snow is going to be melting off and I got 6 bullets in my pocket!

Last edited:
So sitting waiting for first light, rifle slid off pack scope top turret hit big rock🤬 Zero confidence it held zero. Down in Indiana visiting family. Damn it!

I just got back to MI from Oregon, sat twice down here in SE MI. Only does, fawns, and one small 3 point. Headed north tomorrow. Planning on hunting through the end of muzzleloader season. Last chance at a UP buck for a while probably. Unless I have a REALLY good reason to sit, I'm going to track and still hunt the entire time.

Still nothing worth hanging a tag on. The doe is in the freezer. Lost one quarter due to trauma/damage. She was a mercy killing - got hit by a car & was in misery, so she's meat now. Not exactly vlog worthy stuff, but I'm getting soft in my old age and I hate to see critters suffer.

Planning on hitting a day this week before the end of rifle, then transitioning over to smoke pole. Upland starts again on Thursday though, and if I'm honest with myself, I'm likely take the 54 for a walk or two, but will be more interested in working the dogs before January sets in.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend in the woods!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back