MI Deer Opener - Live Hunt

Ben Lamb

I've never done a live hunt so here's my first attempt.

The wife was snoring something fierce last night, so I didn't get much sleep. Woke up at 7: 20 instead of 6, fed the dogs & promptly cleaned up some dog puke.

Got some coffee.

PXL_20221115_133735378.jpg

Now it's snowing. Excellent. Time to find all of my camo & orange then take the dogs for a walk before heading out, according to the boss.

These deer are in for what-for and I'm loaded for heffalump. The 9.3x74r is up first. 250 grain tsx @ 2500 fps.

Good luck! Gun season is winding down here in MN. I like the fact that your season starts a couple weeks later. Bucks aren't quite as stupid and getting shot up by everyone and their brother!

Must be private land to be lolly gagging around ....lol...or you're just slow like me :)

Just slow & old. There are some isolated tracts of public land I've been scouting. I figured I'll give the more motivated first crack.

Need to grab the Natl Park pass too. Love that we get to hunt the Lakeshore.

Camo found. Need to find the damned orange vest.

Emergency pit stop. Coffee hit bottom.

I had to get some gas. $80 for 2/3 of a tank. Whomever designed this gas station must have thought everyone drove a Tercel. One pump is out of order, another is only pre-pay inside, leaving the other two which had lines formed.

This is going about how I thought it would.

Apologies for no photos of my boots & a sunrise.

I had to get some gas. $80 for 2/3 of a tank. Whomever designed this gas station must have thought everyone drove a Tercel. One pump is out of order, another is only pre-pay inside, leaving the other two which had lines formed.

Sounds exactly like the gas station down the road from me. They redesigned it a couple years ago and somehow made it worse

I thought you drove one of those hippie cars that runs on rainbows and unicorn farts? 😉

Sounds like the U.P.

Back